What’s going on Wednesday?
Ken Thomson (Asphalt Orchestra mem.) @ LPR (more by Andrew Frisicano)
tonight in NYC
* Kanye West @ Cipriani
* Carimi @ Brower Park
* The Fabulous Thunderbirds @ BB Kings
* Los Salseros del Hudson @ Wagner Park
* John Scofield Trio @ Madion Square Park
* Alberta Cross, Phonograph @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Asphalt Orchestra @ Lincoln Center’s Broadway Plaza
* Cirque Du Rock: Gotham Underworld @ Highline Ballroom
* Tyshawn Sorey, Todd Neufield, Thomas Morgan @ The Stone
* The Pedrito Martinez Project @ Central Park Summerstage
* Yardwork, Beach Fossils, Sam Buck Rosen @ Death By Audio
* Chris Isaak, Michelle Branch, Dorian Spencer @ Beacon Theatre
* Portugal the Man, The Love Language, Hesta Prynn @ Mercury Lounge
* Lincoln Center OoD w/ Amir el Saffar Ensemble & Dave Brubeck Quartet @ Damrosch Park
* Music & Reading Series w/ Rachel Cohen, Brandon Stosuy, Colin Stetson, Buke & Gass @ Joe’s Pub
Lots of free outdoor music tonight, so hopefully the weather holds out. One event so far, Fame at the McCarren Park SummerScreen, has been rescheduled for August 26th. (Wild at Heart, last week’s cancellation, happens August 19th.) Carimi is at Brower Park. The Pedrito Martinez Project plays the Central Park Summerstage with a screening of I Am Cuba. Los Salseros del Hudson play Wagner Park. John Scofield Trio is at Madion Square Park.
Lincoln Center’s Out of Doors Festival kicks off tonight with Amir el Saffar & Dave Brubeck and their respective bands at the Damrosch Park Bandshell. Catch Bang on a Can‘s Asphalt Orchestra, who will be playing at outdoor locations through Sunday, tonight at the Lincoln Center’s Broadway Plaza.
All of the above events are free, as is Alberta Cross and Phonograph at the Brooklyn Bowl.
Tyshawn Sorey plays at The Stone with Todd Neufield and Thomas Morgan — together they form the trio on Sorey’s forthcoming album, Koan.
Happy Ending Music & Reading Series hosts Rachel Cohen, Brandon Stosuy, Colin Stetson, Buke & Gass and more at Joe’s Pub.
See a pair of Deerhoof videos, including the new “Jagged Fruit,” below. They come to NYC on September 15th.
Kid Cudi‘s “Make Her Say” featuring Kanye West & Common is below too. Tonight…
CASIO G-Shock will celebrate their advancements in wristwatch technology, outline the future evolution of the Casio family of timepieces and unveil an entirely new collection of limited edition collaborative pieces.
The star-studded evening kicks off with a press conference highlighting these milestones. Cipriani 55 Wall Street will be transformed into the ultimate showplace for both the brand and for Kanye West, who will cap the night off with an exclusive performance.
Cipriani * 55 Wall Street (Between Wall and William Street): Press conference at 6:30PM, expected celebrity arrival
Los Campesinos! played Webster Hall last night. Video from that below.
Deerhoof – Jagged Fruit
Deerhoof “My Purple Past”