What’s going on Saturday?
Rhys Chatham @ Damrosch Park in 2008 (more by Jason Bergman)
Seasick Steve @ All Points West 2009 (more by Chris La Putt)
tonight in NYC
* Weekly Warmup @ PS1
* Seasick Steve @ Southpaw
* The xx @ Bruar Falls (free)
* US Royalty @ Tribeca Grand Hotel
* 10 for $10 tour @ Starland Ballroom
* Antifolk Festival @ Sidewalk Cafe
* Daedelus @ Studio at Webster Hall
* Crosby, Stills & Nash @ Jones Beach Theater
* Peelander-Z, Adam Matta @ South Street Seaport
* Asphalt Orchestra @ Lincoln Center’s South Plaza
* Radio Happy Hour w/ Andrew W.K. @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Dinowalrus, Night Owl, The Tony Castles @ Bruar Falls
* New York Night Train Afterhours Speakeasy @ Market Hotel
* Boys Noize, Drop the Lime, Canyons @ Central Park Summerstage
* Harvey Danger, Jukebox The Ghost, Valley Lodge @ The Bell House
* Flaming Fire, Foot Patrol, Four-Legged Baby, Crime Scene @ Highline Ballroom
* Celebrate Brooklyn & Lyricist Lounge w/ Big Daddy Kane @ Prospect Park Bandshell
* Errortype:11, Joshua English, I Hate Our Freedom, Jeff Caudill @ Mercury Lounge
* Best Hits, Magnet City Kids, GDFX, Polygons, Binary Marketing Show @ Market Hotel
* Rhys Chatham’s A Crimson Grail for 200 Electric Guitars, Liquid Liquid @ Damrosch
* Sundelles, Bad Girlfriend, Wild Yaks, A Big Yes And A Small No @ Public Assembly
* Non, Prurient, Cold Cave, spoken word Genesis P-Orridge, Jamie Stewart @Santos
* Electric Tickle Machine, The Art of Shooting, Right on Dynamite @ The Cameo
* BK Electronic Music Fest w/ The Juan Maclean, Young Love, Bell, Jupiter One, more @ Old American Can Factory
Free outdoor music tonight incudes the much-anticipated debut of Rhys Chatham‘s A Crimson Grail for 200 Electric Guitars, with Liquid Liquid opening, at Damrosch Bandshell; a Celebrate Brooklyn/Lyricist Lounge show with Big Daddy Kane at Prospect Park Bandshell; Boys Noize, Drop the Lime and Canyons at the Central Park Summerstage; and the Asphalt Orchestra at Lincoln Center’s South Plaza (7pm).
Peelander-Z and Adam Matta play a free sets at South Street Seaport’s Yoyo Festival.
BK Electronic Music Fest takes over the Old American Can Factory with The Juan Maclean, Kap10Kurt, Young Love, Bell, Jupiter One and more.
Non, Prurient and Cold Cave play Santos Party House with spoken word performances by Genesis P-Orridge of Throbbing Gristle, Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu, Ted Leo’s brother Chris Leo of The Ban Pelt and more.
Harvey Danger‘s goodbye tour comes to The Bell House with openers Jukebox The Ghost and Dave Hill’s power pop band Valley Lodge.
Antifolk Festival at the Sidewalk Cafe continues with acts that include Jason & Rachel Trachtenburg, Debe Dalton, Crabs on Banjo.
Lollapalooza is going on in Chicago.
Jay Reatard‘s minidocumentary “Waiting For Something” is posted below.
The Wave Pictures played South Street Seaport last night. Video from that below…
The Wave Pictures @ South Street Seaport