What’s going on Sunday?
Girl Talk @ Sasquatch on Memorial Day (more by Chris Graham)
tonight in NYC
* The Ettes, Fan-Tan @ Mercury Lounge
* an art exhibit w/ Best Fwends @ the Bell House
* Nine Inch Nails, The Horrors @ Webster Hall
* Wizardry, Marching Teeth, Skeleton Breath @ Union Pool
* Buzzer, Impediments, The Dashing Suns @ Death By Audio
* Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls Summer Revue @ Damrosch Park
* Girl Talk, Max Tundra, Wiz Khalifa @ Williamsburg Waterfront
* Mystery Lights, Arms & Legs, Bad Cop, Tom McBride & Whig Party @ Cake Shop
* Roots of American Music Festival w/ Arturo O’Farrill, Louisiana Renegades, more @ Damrosch Park
* McCOY TYNER TRIO – CD RELEASE SHOW , With Special Guest Gary Bartz & Jon Batiste Band @ Highline Ballroom
* Rachel Trachtenberg’s Homemade World Benefit w/ Rev. Jen, The Fools, Jason Trachetenburg, Anna Copacabana, more @ The Cameo
The Cameo is hosting a benefit for Rachel Trachtenberg‘s Homemade World. Rachel, Reverend Jen, The Fools, Jason Trachtenburg, Lippe, Major Matt Mason, Anna Copacabanna, Rosie Rebel and Tammy Hart will perform alongside a vegan bakesale, a raffle and a special screening of RTHW’s first episode to raise funds for the filming of the show’s second. Video of the show below..
“The performance space at The Bell House [tonight] will be transformed with an installation of floating walls suspended from the existing exposed 20-foot beams. The 8’x4′ walls will feature works by local artists, with alternating performances highlighted on stage and in the crowd by local musicians, djs, performance artists, and clothing designers.”
Best Fwends didn’t have the Bell House art show on their schedule the other day, but now they do.
There’s one more Pool Party to go after Girl Talk, and that’s Grizzly Bear and Beach House next week. Dan Deacon‘s “Pool” Party was a few weeks back – check out his new video for “Paddling Ghost,” with a clip of him from the NJ pool party show, below.
Wizardry, whose new video was posted here on Friday, play tonight at Union Pool with Marching Teeth and Skeleton Breath.
Buzzer and Impediments, both of whom mine “mid-70s glam-punk,” continue their NYC run with a show at DBA with The Dashing Suns.
The Lincoln Center’s Out of Doors Festival closes today with the 26th Annual Roots of American Music Festival at the Damrosch Park Bandshell. The full lineup for that includes:
BRC ORCHESTRA: Four Women: A Tribute to Odetta, Miriam Makeba, Abbey Lincoln and Eartha Kitt featuring Jayne Cortez, Tamar-Kali, Abena Koomson, Alkebulan, and more. Curated by La Tasha N. Nevada Diggs, Musical Direction by Onel Mulet
THE LOUISIANA RENEGADES Featuring Christine Balfa, Dirk Powell, Kevin Wimmer of Balfa Toujours and additional Creole artists tba
TEXAS TORNADOS: Tribute to Doug Sahm
Mazel Tov, Mis Amigos: The Lost World of Latin-Jewish Sound featuring The Arturo O’Farrill Afro-Cuban Sextet
Arturo O’Farrill, Music Director, arranger with special guests Irving Fields, LARRY HARLOW and additional artists tba
Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls Summer Revue plays a free early show at Damrosch Park.
The Brooklyn Soul Festival starts Friday.
Dan Deacon live at the Flying W Airport Inn 8.1.09