What’s going on Saturday?
tonight in NYC
* Michael Jackson parties
* Buke & Gass @ Sycamore
* Lemonade @ Glasslands (Vice)
* Chairlift @ Saks Fifth Ave
* Paul van Dyk @ Rumsey Playfield
* Amon Tobin @ Rocks Off Concert Cruises
* Pterodactyl, Screens, Prismz @ Bruar Falls
* Essie Jain, My Name Is Nobody @ Monkey Town
* Charlie Parker Jazz Festival @ Marcus Garvey Park
* Adrian Belew Power Trio, Colin Gilmore @ Maxwell’s
* Spike Lee + Michael Jackson’s B-day @ Prospect Park
* Highline Piano Series: Jeremy Denk @ Highline Ballroom
* Long Live the King w/ Q-Tip, Mark Ronson @ Nokia Theatre
* Phantogram, Savoir Adore, Holy Hail, Darwin Deez @ Glasslands
* KRS-One, Kool Moe Dee, Just Ice, Grand Daddy IU @ Irving Plaza
* Beach Fossils, Holiday Shores, Sore Eros, Family Portraits @ The Cameo
* The Jaguar Club, pow wow!, Spanish Prisoners, Coyote Eyes @ Union Hall
* J&R Music Fest w/ Roy Hargrove, Roberta Gambarini, more @ City Hall Park
* Roosevelt Live w/ Generate Records (10th Anniversary show) @ Roosevelt Island
* Brooklyn Soul Festival w/ The Sweet Divines, Otis Clay, Maxine Brown @ Bell House
* Celebration, Sam Mickens’s Ecstatic Showband, Future Islands @ Market Hotel
* Psychic Ills, Screaming Females, Zs, Sharon Van Etten, Future Islands @ The Yard
* Das Racist, NinjaSonik, Free Energy, Drink Up Buttercup, Wild Yaks, Talk Normal, more @ Littlefield
Charlie Parker Jazz Festival brings Frank Wess Quintet, Gary Bartz Project (with special guest Bilal) and others to Marcus Garvey Park. Tomorrow it moves to Tompkins Sq. Park.
J&R Music Fest hosts Roy Hargrove, Roberta Gambarini and others at City Hall Park.
You’re supposed to RSVP for the Vice party happening at Glasslands with Lemonade.
Old-school hip-hop comes to Irving Plaza with KRS-One, Kool Moe Dee, Just Ice and Grand Daddy IU. Last night Reflection Eternal played BB King’s, and Sunday there’s another hip hop show at the same venue.
THE WARRIORS 30TH YEAR REUNION AT CONEY ISLAND! (Trailer below.)
Phantogram, Savoir Adore, Holy Hail and Darwin Deez are playing Glasslands.
There’s a good lineup at The Cameo, with a Beach Fossils-topped bill that also includes Florida’s Holiday Shores, Sore Eros and Family Portraits.
Brooklyn Soul Festival goes into its second night at the Bell House. The Sweet Divines & The Divine Soul Rhythm Band are the house band for Otis Clay, Maxine Brown and guests. There’s a record fair there during the day.
After the Jump Fest brings Das Racist (also playing tomorrow at Public Assembly), NinjaSonik, Free Energy, Drink Up Buttercup, Wild Yaks, Talk Normal, Bottle Up & Go, Captain Ahab & The Sea Crackens and Shark? to Littlefield.
Chairlift plays an in-store at Saks Fifth Avenue from 4-5pm, flyer below. They play Bowery Ballroom on September 5th with Here We Go Magic.
Outside Lands is going on in San Francisco and streaming.
Roosevelt Live hosts “Generate Records celebrates 10 years of experimental sound” at River Walk Commons on Roosevelt Island. The lineup includes “Gordon Beeferman: Music for an Imaginary Band, Ernesto Diaz-Infante and Jeff Arnal, and Aperiodic with Kevin Parrett, Benjamin Perkins & Matthias Schulz.”
RIP, DJ AM
The Warriors Trailer 1979