What’s going on Friday? (Labor Day Weekend)
Flying Lotus @ Natural History Museum in April (more by Zach Dilgard)
tonight in NYC
* Yacht @ Glasslands
* Warp20 Films @ New Museum
* Emanuel And The Fear @ Joe’s Pub
* Sharon Van Etten, Meg Baird @ Joe’s Pub
* Rockabilly Fest @ Cha Cha’s Coney Island
* Joseph Arthur, Emily Wells @ City Winery
* Ben & Vesper, Sebastien Schuller @ Sycamore
* Girls & Boys w/ Flosstradamus @ Webster Hall
* Pit Er Pat, Crazy Dreams Band, Lichens @ Market Hotel
* Warp20 w/ Battles, !!!, Flying Lotus, Pivot @ Terminal 5
* The Black Hollies, Benjy Ferree, The Nouvellas @ Maxwell’s
* Tigercity, The Grates, Pearl & The Beard, Psychic @ Mercury Lounge
* The Smith Westerns, Sadhu Sadhu, Pure Horsehair, Runaway Suns @ Bruar Falls
* Joe Jack Talcum, Samuel Locke-Ward Vs Darren Brown, Bassturd @ Cake Shop
* Billll$, High Priest, Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt, DJ Sharmaji @ LPR
* MC Lyte, Jean Grae, Eternia, Jimi James, Kalae, Collette, more @ Sputnik
* Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys, The Sweetback Sisters, Holy Ghost Tent Revival @ Southpaw
NYC’s Sharon Van Etten headlines Joe’s Pub with Meg Baird.
Coney Island Rockabilly Fest takes place through the long weekend at Cha Cha’s on the Boardwalk at Coney Island. Dreamland’s historic bell was recently recovered from the bottom of the ocean.
Warp20 brings Battles, !!!, Flying Lotus and Pivot to Terminal 5. There’s also films at New Museum. And more to come this weekend.
Guitarist Joseph Arthur plays the second of three special engagements at City Winery, this time with guest Emily Wells.
Joe Jack Talcum of the Dead Milkmen is on tour. He plays the Cake Shop tonight with Samuel Locke-Ward Vs. Darren Brown and The Bassturd.
Telepathe appears to have dropped off tonight’s Girls & Boys party with Flosstradamus at Webster Hall.
Electric Zoo is this weekend.
There’s an interesting lineup at Cake Shop on Saturday.
“More than two months after he died, and following a steady trickle of gossip over how and where he would be laid to rest, Michael Jackson was entombed Thursday night at a highly guarded mausoleum in a Los Angeles suburb.
About 200 people, including Elizabeth Taylor, Lisa Marie Presley, Macaulay Culkin, Quincy Jones and many other celebrities, attended the nearly 90-minute ceremony behind the gates of the heavily guarded Forest Lawn cemetery here, several miles north of downtown Los Angeles.” [NYT]
MJ funeral videos below.
HEALTH‘s new video for “DIE SLOW” (which is in no way meant to be connected to the death of MJ – just happens to really be their new video) is below too.
Michael Jackson funeral begins
Michael Jackson Funeral 9.3.09
HEALTH :: DIE SLOW :: MUSIC VIDEO