What’s going on Thursday?
Boss Hog @ Maxwell’s last year (more by Tim Griffin)
tonight in NYC
* The Rapture @ Prada
* Cold Cave @ Rogan Store
* Marmoset, Pomegranates @ Bruar Falls
* Raekwon, Ghostface Killah @ S.O.B.’s
* Kings of Convenience @ Bowery Ballroom
* Wild Beasts, Roman Candle @ Mercury Lounge
* Silk Flowers, Mattress, Ducktails @ Ash’s Place
* Death Vessel, Tim Easton, Moore N Sons @ Union Hall
* Psychic Paramount, White Hills, Coconuts @ Union Pool
* Murs, John Forte, Whole Wheat Bread @ Highline Ballroom
* NYU Mystery show w/ Raekwon, No Age @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Vaz, The New Flesh, Pygmy Shrews, White Suns @ Silent Barn
* NAAM, Bad Dream, Weedeater @ Charleston
* Tomorrow Tomorrow Tomorrow, Dinosaur Feathers, Old Names @ Coco 66
* Boss Hog, Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Anamanaguchi, DD/MM/YYYY, Spiral Beach, Graffiti Monsters @ Don Pedro
* Nice Boys, Birds of Avalon, Brimstone Howl, The Baby Shakes @ Cake Shop
* Alan Braxe (DJ), The Glass, Dee Nice (DJ), Human Life @ Santos Party House
* Hopewell, Preacher and the Knife, Sofia Knapp, Golden Triangle (DJ) @ The Cameo
* FIXED w/ Calvin Harris (DJ), Yes Giantess, JDH & Dave P @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Wordless Music w/ Do Make Say Think, Charles Spearin’s Happiness Project @ Miller Theatre
* Skeletons Big Band, Knyfe Hyts 81, Pterodactyl, Gowns, Dan Friel, Social Junk, Mincemeat @ Death By Audio
Hopewell play an “ATP warm-up show” (performing the Desperation Suite) with a full choir and projections at The Cameo. Also on the bill are Preacher and the Knife, Sofia Knapp and DJing from Golden Triangle.
Death By Audio’s The Maze opens tonight with music from Skeletons Big Band, Knyfe Hyts 81, Pterodactyl, Gowns, Dan Friel, Social Junk and Mincemeat. A Place to Bury Strangers was just added to tomorrow’s lineup.
Murs plays Highline Ballroom with John Forte and Whole Wheat Bread.
Raekwon is slated to appear at both NYU Mystery show with No Age at (Le) Poisson Rouge and a release show for his own new CD with Ghostface Killah at S.O.B.’s.
Jay-Z played the Gramercy Theatre last night. He plays MSG tomorrow.
Weedeater is the “Special Guest (Southern Lord)” at the NAAM/Bad Dream show at the Charleston tonight.
Wordless Music and Columbia’s Miller Theatre host Do Make Say Think and Charles Spearin’s The Happiness Project as part of their four-night fest. Last night was Doveman, Sam Amidon and Nico Muhly.
Kings of Convenience play Bowery Ballroom. No opener that we know of.
Trent Reznor will also likely be in all black at NIN‘s last show (of this tour, forever, who knows) tonight in L.A.. Below is a video of the band on stage with HEALTH and Gary Numan, playing Gang of Four‘s “Anthrax” at their show on Sept. 8th.
A new video from Ryan Adams (who’s showing artwork soon) posted below.
Nine Inch Nails – Anthrax HD (live w/ Gary Numan, Eric Avery, Mike Garson @ the Henry Fonda 9/8/09)