What’s going on Wednesday?
No Age @ ATP NY in September (more by Ryan Muir)
tonight in NYC
* Lenny Kravitz @ Irving Plaza
* Uninhabitable Mansions @ Cake Shop
* Nick Lowe, Bill Kirchen @ City Winery
* Erin McKeown, Jill Souble @ Union Hall
* Boy Crisis, Das Racist, Paenus @ Pianos
* The Dodos, The Ruby Suns @ Bowery Ballroom
* The Raveonettes, The Black Angels @ Webster Hall
* No Age, Woods, Silk Flowers @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Titus Andronicus, The So So Glos, Eula @ Maxwell’s
* So Percussion: Imaginary City @ BAM Harvey Theater
* Regina Spektor, Jupiter One @ Radio City Music Hall
* Trampled By Turtles, Jennifer O’Connor @ 92YTribeca
* A Rose Parade, I.U.D., Here We Go Magic @ Union Pool
* Georgiana Starlington, Boysen Girls, more @ Don Pedro
* Daniel Johnston, The Capitol Years, Hymns @ Highline Ballroom
* Sea Wolf, Port O’Brien, Sara Lov, Sarah Jaffe @ Mercury Lounge
* Built to Spill, Disco Doom, Violent Soho @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Tayisha Busay, DJ Melissa from Telepathe, Bad Brilliance @ Glasslands
* Real Estate, Big Troubles, Honeydos, Oneohtrix Point Never @ Monster Island Basement
Here We Go Magic got kind of big in the last year, so that’s kind of cool that they’re playing a low key show at Union Pool tonight with A Rose Parade. A Rose Parade is a collaboration between Gerard Smith of TV on the Radio and Shannon Funchess of Chk Chk Chk.
Daniel Johnston tours behind his new record with a show tonight at Highline Ballroom. The Capitol Years and Hymns open.
Uninhabitable Mansions, which has members of Au Revoir Simone, CYHSY!, and ex-Dirty on Purpose, play Cake Shop tonight (and a CMJ show next week).
Real Estate, full-length on the way, kick off their tour at Monster Island Basement with Big Troubles, Honeydos and Oneohtrix Point Never.
Sea Wolf (aka L.A.’s Alex Brown Church) plays Mercury Lounge tonight and Union Hall Friday, both with Sara Lov and Port O’Brien.
Port O’Brien is playing a free in-store at Sound Fix tomorrow (10/15) at Sound Fix Records.
Speaking of SNL, Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers were scheduled to play a show at Wellmont Theatre but they canceled.
Nick Lowe and Bill Kirchen play City Winery.
Titus Andronicus and The So So Glos are on tour – the first show of that was at Monster Island in early September. Tonight they play Maxwell’s tomorrow and tomorrow the tour wraps at the new Knitting Factory. Titus will then join Fucked Up and guests at that band’s Nov. 5th event.
Peasant and others are playing a “Jingle Punks” party tonight. Flyer below..
So Percussion‘s BAM Next Wave show Imaginary City begins tonight, and play through Saturday, at BAM’s Harvey Theater.
The BrooklynVegan CMJ show at Music Hall of Williamsburg is less than a week away.
Then three night after the Music Hall show is the BBG/Relapse official.
Japandroids, who have a long list of CMJ and non-CMJ shows coming up, played “Heart Sweats” and “The Boys Are Leaving Town” on Pitchfork’s A>D>D, posted below.
A video of Micachu & The Shapes from their October 2nd show at Littlefield is posted below.