What’s going on Thursday?
Built to Spill @ Webster Hall on Tuesday (more by Bryan Bruchman)
tonight in NYC
* Dave Hill @ UCB
* R. Kelly @ NJ PAC
* Lenny Kravitz @ Irving Plaza
* Spike Jonze & No Age @ MoMA
* Port O’Brien @ Sound Fix Records
* Evan Parker & Fred Frith @ The Stone
* Dead Man’s Bones @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Them Crooked Vultures @ Roseland Ballroom
* So Percussion: Imaginary City @ BAM Harvey Theater
* Loney Dear, Asobi Seksu, Anna Ternheim @ Maxwell’s
* Bang Camaro, That Handsome Devil @ Santos Party House
* Langhorne Slim, Dawes, Marcellus Hall @ The Bell House
* Galactic, The Hood Internet, Corey Henry @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Minus the Bear, New Idea Society, Heather Duby @ Gramercy Theatre
* Titus Andronicus, The So So Glos, Grooms @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Built To Spill, Disco Doom, Violent Soho @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* White Hinterland, Sam Buck Rosen, Twin Sister, New Villager @ Bruar Falls
* The Airborne Toxic Event, The Henry Clay People, Red Cortez @ Webster Hall
* The Gaslight Anthem, Murder By Death, Jesse Malin, Broadway Calls @ Terminal 5
As part of its Spike Jonze retrospective, MoMA is hosting “An Evening of Skate Videos” with Patrick O’Dell of Epicly Later’d, Spike Jonze and No Age (who play a post-screening show at the museum). No Age play New Museum tomorrow and Above the Auto Parts Store on Saturday.
Loney Dear, Asobi Seksu and Anna Ternheim are all on tour together. Tonight they play Maxwell’s, and tomorrow it’s Bowery Ballroom.
Guitarist Fred Frith joins avant-garde sax legend and current Stone curator Evan Parker at The Stone.
Minus the Bear display tunes from their new album, out Oct. 27th, with their show tonight at Gramercy Theatre with New Idea Society and Heather Duby. The Antlers don’t open this show, but they will be on tour with Minus the Bear soon.
Titus Andronicus and The So So Glos close their tour with a show at Knitting Factory Brooklyn. Grooms open. Last night the show was at Maxwell’s.
Built To Spill play the last of their four-night NYC run, tonight at Music Hall of Williamsburg with Disco Doom and Violent Soho. Stick around for a DJ set by Doug Martsch after the set and then get home in time to watch the band on Letterman (if that’s possible).
NYC gets a show from Them Crooked Vultures, the group of Dave Grohl (on drums), Josh Homme and John Paul Jones, tonight at Roseland Ballroom.
So Percussion‘s Imaginary City runs at BAM Harvey Theater through Saturday.
Phoenix were just on Carson Daly. Video below…