What’s going on Sunday? (Superbowl)
tonight in NYC
* Hannibal Buress @ Knitting Factory
* K-Holes, Golden Triangle, Family Trees @ Union Pool
* Bauder/Cymerman/Evans/Wooley Amplified Quartet @ The Stone
* Willy Mason, Colin Ruel, Tony the Bookie @ Bruar Falls
* Orleans/Gunn, Samara Lubelski, Pete Nolan, Helen Rush @ Zebulon
* Graffiti Monsters, Sweet Bulbs, Betray, Genuine Imitations @ Death By Audio
The Who are performing during the Superbowl halftime show.
In a melding of the quintessential British band and the most American of events, the Who will deliver about 12 minutes of glory Sunday (February 7) at the halftime show for Super Bowl XLIV on CBS. The band is the latest in a line of mostly boomer-oriented A-list rock stars to play the spectacle, among them Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Prince, the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney.
But those acts had something to promote — be it a new album or an upcoming tour. Outside of a greatest-hits album released in December and at least one upcoming high-profile performance, the Who doesn’t have much to announce at the moment. “Totally original, as usual,” Roger Daltrey says with a laugh.
“We’ve got an event (planned) for a charity that I’m a patron of, but that’s about it. I know Pete (Townshend is) working on material. It’s not that we’re never going to work again — it’s just at the moment there’s nothing in the pipeline.” [Reuters]
Listen for the Arcade Fire during the show too.
The Soft Pack played a record release show at Cake Shop at midnight Friday night. Video from the show below…
The Soft Pack – “Answer to Yourself” | Cake Shop | 2.5.2009