What’s going on Tuesday? (Fat Tuesday)
RIP Doug Fieger
Douglas Lars “Doug” Fieger (August 21, 1952 – February 14, 2010)was an American singer-songwriter. He was the lead singer of the New Wave band The Knack, and co-wrote the biggest hit song of 1979, “My Sharona”, with lead guitarist, Berton Averre. He was the younger brother of Detroit attorney Geoffrey Fieger who confirmed his death on Valentine’s Day, 2010 to The Detroit News. [Wiki]
tonight in NYC
* Iron Age, Fight Amp @ Union Pool
* Beast, Maura Kennedy @ The Living Room
* Lightspeed Champion @ Sound Fix Records
* Wavves, MNDR, Total Slacker @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Trey Anastasio & Classic TAB @ Terminal 5
* Kevin Hufnagel, Yoshiko Ohara @ The Stone
* The Soundtrack of Our Lives @ Irving Plaza
* Tuesday Nite Disco w/ Exceptor @ Glasslands
* Shark?, Total Slacker, Blair, Gunfight!@ Pianos
* Mike Pride’s From Bacteria to Boys @ Rose Live Music
* El Perro Del Mar, Taken By Trees @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Michale Graves, Dead Sextons, Nathan Carpenter @ Europa
* McCoy Tyner Trio w/ Dave Valentin & Steve Turre @ Blue Note
* Fat Tuesday Party! w/ High and Mighty Brass Band @ Union Hall
* Freeway, Jake One, Joell Ortiz, Brother Ali @ Highline Ballroom
* Barton Carroll, Slow Country, Purse Snatchers @ Knitting Factory
* Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band & guests @ BAM Howard Gilman Opera House
* Bear Hands, Asa Ransom, Jump Into The Gospel @ Studio at Webster Hall
* Winter Antifolk Festival w/ Jeffrey Lewis, Larkin Grimm @ Sidewalk Cafe
* Get Off Your Knees w/ Leo Allen, Jamie Kilstein, Ted Leo @ The Bell House
Beast are at the Living Room tonight. They play the Cameo tomorrow night late…and they’ve added an early set at the Mercury Lounge, where the show is with Fight Like Apes, Honor By August, Stationary Set and Tryptics.
Ted Leo shows up for “songs and a chat” at the Bell House‘s Get Off Your Knees, a comedy show hosted by Sara Schaefer and Kim Armstrong, and guests Leo Allen and Jamie Kilstein.
L Magazine has some directions for the free Wavves show at Brooklyn Bowl tonight.
Meet at the southern end of Driggs and N 12. The parade will go down Driggs, up Bedford, and over to Brooklyn Bowl. We will be led by The Rude Mechanical Orchestra and there will be a float with Burlesque entertainers: Angie Pontani, Helen Pontani, Darlinda Just Darlinda, Akynos, The Maine Attraction and Lil Miss Lixx
The lineup goes:
8:00– Total Slacker
9:00– (we announce the king and queen of the Carnival)
Union Hall is also celebrating Fat Tuesday.