What’s going on Thursday? (SXSW Day 2)
tonight in NYC
* Amos Lee @ Bell House
* House of Pain @ Nokia Theatre
* Joanna Newsom @ Town Hall
* Mary Halvorson @ Roulette
* Scissor Sisters @ Bowery Ballroom
* Roy Haynes 85th Birthday Celebration @ Blue Note
* Allman Brothers Band @ United Palace Theatre
* King Missile, Mixel Pixel @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Holler, Tam Lin, Jason Anderson @ Pete’s Candy Store
* FIXED w/ Annie Mac, JDH & Dave P @ Santos Party House
* Good Luck, Emilyn Brodsky, Thousandaires @ Death By Audio
* Yaya Herman Dune, Turner Cody, The Fisherman Three @ Union Hall
* A Storm of Light, Rumanian Buck, Batillus, Via Vengence @ Union Pool
* Steve Shiffman & The Land of No, The Psyched, Mr. Dream @ Bruar Falls
* Des Roar, The Bali Shag Vipers, The Dead Sparrows, Doppelganger @ Glasslands
* Secret History, The Ballet, Murder Mystery, Tyburn Saints @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Mahogany, Autodrone, The Instant Classic, Red States, Bluepages @ Studio at Webster Hall
Anvil plays Gramercy Theatre Friday.
Portugal. The Man plays Highline Ballroom Friday.
SXSW continues in Austin. Two competing BV day parties today (one all metal in a 50-cap pizza place backyard). One off the strip, also at a restaurant, but with plenty of room and three stages (and Turbo Fruits instead of Human Eye). Those flyers are below.