What’s going on Monday?
The Middle East @ SXSW 2010 (more by Tim Griffin)
tonight in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Antibalas @ Webster Hall
* Weasel Walter, Vialka, CSC Funk Band @ Zebulon
* Nas, Damian “Jr Gong” Marley @ Highline Ballroom
* Reverend Vince Anderson & His Love Choir @ Union Pool
* Leslie & The Badgers, Ferraby Lionheart @ Mercury Lounge
* Mumford & Sons, The Middle East @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* 45 Grave, the Dead Sextons, Psychocharger & the Arkhams @ Europa
* Doppelganger, Tiberius, New Moods, Patrick Holmes/Ryan Sawyer Duo @ Cake Shop
* Daniel Pujol, McDonalds, Wild Harem, Knight School, Joey Wyoming @ DBA
* Philip Seymour Hoffman, Second Floor Stories, The City And Horses, Sexy Neighbors @ Knitting Factory
Tonight’s Whiplash show @ UCB features comedy by Pete Holmes (Ugly Americans, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), Baron Vaughn (Comedy Central), Rory Scovel (Comedy Central), Hari Kondabolu (John Oliver’s New York Stand-Up Show), and Sandra Bauleo.
Mumford & Sons play their first of two NYC shows this evening at Music Hall of Williamsburg (the other is at Webster Hall). Opener The Middle East also play an extra one this week at Mercury Lounge with Mountain Man. All three gigs are sold out.
New Moods is a new NYC electro-duo comprised of Other Passengers frontman Billy Jones and Gang Gang Dance engineer Sean Maffucci. They make what I think is their NYC live debut (they previously performed in Austin during SXSW) tonight at Cake Shop. Two demos are streaming at their MySpace (and there’s more on their NSFW bandcamp page).
Video of Zs playing “Acres Of Skin” live at 118 South 3rd Street in Williamsburg on May 15th, below…
Holy Ghost! tested out their new live band for the first time at a private show Saturday night at Under 100. A video from that show below…
Recent Captured Tracks signing MINKS performed at Glasslands on Saturday night. Video from that below…
MINKS | Glasslands | 5.15.2010
Zs – Acres Of Skin – in Williamsburg – 5/15/2010
Holy Ghost! “I Know I Hear” w/ Caroline Polachek LIVE at Under 100 NYC 5/15/10