What’s going on Tuesday?
PiL @ Coachella 2010 (more by Rachel Carr)
tonight in NYC
* UI & Dan Friel @ the Bell House
* Local H, Kinch @ Gramercy Theater
* Public Image Ltd @ Terminal 5
* Neil Halstead, J. Wise @ Union Hall
* Pearl Jam & Band of Horses @ Prudential Center
* Stone Temple Pilots @ Gramercy Theater
* Phantogram, Light Pollution @ Maxwell’s
* Bees Are Flowers, Woom, Boveda @ Cake Shop
* Janelle Monáe, DJ Moni @ Highline Ballroom
* Mumford & Sons, The Middle East @ Webster Hall
* Brahms, Bell, Aislyn, Passion Pit (DJ) @ Pianos
* CAVES, Polite Sleeper, Nerd Parade @ Death By Audio
* Madden, Fostercare, DJ Harrison, Robin @ Glasslands
* Radical Sons, Byrds of Paradise, Pregnant @ Union Pool
* Recoil (Alan Wilder of Depeche Mode)@ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Keepaway, DOM, The Tony Castles, Rewards @ Mercury Lounge
* This Frontier Needs Heroes, Kath Bloom, Marcellus Hall @ Bruar Falls
* A-Trak, DJ Enuff, DJ Clark Kent, Lord Finesse, Boogie Blind, Sean C & LV, Henley Reid @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Sex Slaves, Eve To Adam, Black Water Rising, Hellbent Hooker, Honor Among Thieves @ Santos Party House
“Bees are Flowers” are really These Are Powers tonight at Cake Shop.
“Bassist Sasha Frere-Jones and drummer Clem Waldmann began playing together in 1990. Wilbo Wright joined in 1993 and Ui began recording. Ui’s songs draw on rock, funk, dub and electronic music. The band’s early releases incorporated instruments less common to pop – banjos, tubas and kettle drums – but the band soon stopped using any instrument that couldn’t fit into a cab. In addition to one of the earliest known single-artist remix albums (“Unlike,” 1995), the band has released four studio albums, including “Answers” and the nineties classic, “Lifelike.” Ui has collaborated with Stereolab, Techno Animal, Microstoria and Luke Vibert. In early 2010, Dan Friel began playing electronics and baritone guitar with the band.” Yes, The New Yorker’s Sasha Frere-Jones is playing a show at the Bell House tonight. Parts & Labor member Dan Friel is both in the band and opening with one of his solo sets. It’s Ui’s first official show in 10 years, and a warm up for the slot they landed on the lineup of the Primavera Festival at the end of this month in Barcelona.
The new video for Keepaway‘s “I Think About You All The Time” is posted below. They play an EP release show tonight with DOM, The Tony Castles and Rewards at Mercury Lounge.
PiL‘s recent DC show is streaming on NPR. John Lydon is on East Village Radio at 10am. Pil play Terminal 5 tonight, and then the smaller Music Hall of Williamsburg on Wednesday.
DJ Roc Raida‘s birthday is being celebrated at Brooklyn Bowl tonight.
Keepaway – “I Think About You All The Time”