3rd Ward Block Party Sunday w/ Wild Yaks, Aa, Pterodactyl..
Brooklyn art-space 3rd Ward is hosting a party for its third birthday on Sunday, May 3rd. The free event includes performances by NY bands The Wild Yaks, Aa, Pterodactyl, Afuche, Lam, and DJs Drew Heffron & Clay Franklin.
Full details (with all upcoming Wild Yaks shows) below...
3rd Wards Green Bikes Birthday Block Party, May 3, 2 to 8 p, FREE admission & Colt 45
Good things come in threes. So for our 3rd Anniversary in Brooklyn, we announce Green Bikes! Starting in May, when you sign up for a 3rd Ward membership you get a free bike!
To celebrate, we're throwing a massive block party right outside our door. Weve taken over Stagg Street for a of mayhem. Compete in a drag race, bring a t-shirt for live screen-printing, take a workshop or just come for the fun!
Live Music from The Wild Yaks, Aa, Pterodactyl, Afuche, Lam and DJs Drew Heffron & Grizzly Spears.
* BBQ from Chef Stephanie Sugawara
* Summer drinks
* Bike competitions & performances on the hour
* Films from Empire
* Music videos from Moviehouse
*Selena Kimballin the Gallery
* FREE WORKSHOPS: Bike Repair, Reclaimed Lumber, Furniture Design, Welding Basics, Experimental Video Presentation, Building Green, Jewelry Workshop: Flocking, Fabrication: Alginate Casting, Leather as an Art
3rd Ward is located at 195 Morgan Ave., at the corner of Stagg St., in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
* Take the L line to the Grand Street stop. Head South on Bushwick Ave. (towards the school) one long block and make a left on Stagg Street. 3rd ward is located three blocks down Stagg Street on the corner of Morgan Ave.
* We are also easily accessible from the Montrose and Morgan Ave. stops on the L train
* Take either the Q54 or Q59 bus to Grand St. at Morgan Ave. Walk South on Morgan.
* Take the B13 to Stagg St. & Bushwick Ave. Walk East on Stagg until you reach Morgan.
* From the BQE (I-278), exit on Meeker Avenue and take a left onto Morgan Avenue.
* From Manhattan, take the Williamsburg Bridge (stay right) to the 2nd exit (S. 5th St.) and take a left at the 1st light. Take a right at the next light (Borinquen, which becomes Grand St.) Take a right onto Morgan.
* Street parking is available check posted signs.
Wild Yaks - 2009 Tour Dates
Apr 30 New York, NY Crash Mansion *
May 01 Brooklyn, NY Redstar !
May 03 Brooklyn, NY 3rd Ward #
May 06 New York, NY The Annex
May 13 New York, NY Pianos $
* With Shapes, Static Jacks, Jangula
! With The Beets, The Subjects, Pow Wow
# Third Ward Green Bikes Block party
$ With Shilpa Ray