In a statement, Prosecutor Daniel Suneson said that he filed charges against Rocky and two other unidentified people "suspected of assault causing actual bodily harm, having come to the conclusion that the events in question constitute a crime and despite claims of self-defense and provocation."
Rocky is expected to go trial on Tuesday. The charges can carry a sentence of up to two years.
The prosecutor also said, "It is worth noting that I have had access to a greater amount of material than that which has previously been available on the internet,” he said. “In addition to video material, the injured party’s statements have been supported by witness statements."
Defense lawyer Jovicic said that Rocky “feels that he acted in self-defense, he is claiming that he is innocent, and in that perspective he of course is very sad.”
If Rocky remains in custody through this fall, the inaugural Rolling Loud NYC may unfortunately need to find a new headliner.