Brussels band Robbing Millions ready debut LP (listen to “8 Is The Figure That I like The Most”)
There aren't a whole lot of internationally-known musical acts who list Brussels as their hometown. Among those who do (or did) are Jacques Brel. Plastic Bertrand, and...did Jean Claude Van Damme ever make an album? Lucien Fraipont and Gaspard Ryelandt hope their group, Robbing Millions, will be added to that list. With a sound that is both danceable but also features some guitar chops and atmospherics (Scritti Politti by way of Mew?), the duo will release their self-titled debut album on August 22 via [PIAS]. We've got the premiere of new single "8 Is The Figure That I like The Most" and you can stream that below.
You may have caught Robbing Millions at the 2015 CMJ festival. They don't have any North American dates scheduled at this time, but they will be on tour in Europe, including a show in Amsterdam on May 10 with Brooklyn's Beverly. All dates are listed below.
Robbing Millions - 2016 Tour Dates
- May 10 - with Beverly - De School - Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- May 16 - Les Nuits Botaniques - Brussels, Belgium
- May 18 - with STUFF - Muziekgieterij - Maastricht, the Netherlands
- May 21 - The Great Escape - Bad Vibrations showcase - Brighton, UK
- May 22 - The Old Blue Last - London, UK
- May 24 - Silencio - Paris, France
- July 30 - Leefest - Kent, UK