Corey Feldman cancels shows for ‘safety’ while trying to crowdfund 10 million
UPDATE: The remainder of Corey Feldman's tour has now been cancelled.
Eighties-era actor Corey Feldman, as you may know, has been on tour performing original music with a rotating cast of female musicians he calls "Corey's Angels." The most recent leg of the tour was scheduled to run throughout the autumn and into November, but Feldman has cancelled the last few dates, giving different reasons before finally citing concerns for the safety of the production.
About the October 24 show in Hazard, KY, Feldman said:
GOOD AFTERNOON. I HAV SAD NEWS 2DAY. THE SHOW IN HAZARD KENTUCKY 4 THIS EVE HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE 2 LACK OF ADVERTISING PER THE PROMOTER.
APPARENTLY THEY 4GOT 2 ADVERTISE THE SHOW & THERE4 HAD 2 WITHDRAW THE PERFORMANCE. I WOULD LIKE 2 APOLOGIZE 2 ANY1 WHO PURCHASED TIX 2 THIS.
OBVIOUSLY IT WAS BEYOND OUR CONTROL. THAT SAID WE PLAN ON SEEING U ALL ON WED IN MEMPHIS.
GOD BLESS! 😇❤
The next scheduled performance, on October 25 in Memphis, TN, was also cancelled:
IM VERY SORRY 2 SAY, DUE 2 UNFORSEEN UNAVOIDABLE CIRCUMSTANCES 2NITES PERFORMANCE OF #ANGELIC2THETOUR IN MEMPHIS HAS BEEN CANCELLED! #sadly
Following that cancellation, Feldman updated that all of his shows up to Halloween were cancelled:
MY SINCEREST & DEEPEST APOLOGIES, BUT WITHOUT A BAND IT IS VERY DIFFICULT 2 FIND A WAY 2 PERFORM! ALL SHOWS R NOW CANCELLED TIL HALOWEEN.
I COULD NEVER HAV PREDICTED THAT SOMETHING I WORKED SO HARD 4 WOULD B DAMAGED SO DEEPLY IT WOULD FORCE ME 2 CANCEL SEVERAL PERFORMANCES!
HOWEVER MY TEAM IS WORKING ON A FIX SO THAT WE CAN HOPEFULLY SALVAGE THE HALLOWEEN EVENT & BEYOND! WE WILL KEEP U POSTED! #ISTANDWITHCOREY
Most recently, Feldman tweeted that his Halloween performance was cancelled as well, saying that he didn't feel it was currently "safe" to perform.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES, BUT TONIGHTS PERFORMANCE OF #ANGELIC2THETOUR HAS ALSO BEEN CANCELLED. WE TRIED R BEST 2 MAKE IT!
UNFORTUNATELY WITH ALL OF LIFES CIRCUMSTANCES DURING THIS VERY DIFFICULT TIME, WE DO NOT FEEL ITS SAFE 2 DO THESE PERFORMANCES AT THIS TIME!
I HOPE WE CAN RESCHEDULE PERFORMANCES AT A TIME N THE NEAR FUTURE WHEN LIFE IS A BIT LESS TUMULTUOUS! I LOVE MY FANS & THANK U 4 UR SUPPORT!
Over the weekend, he wished fans "A FUN HALLOWEEKEND," but said "I DID NOT GET 2 ENJOY IT THIS YR AS IM HIDING OUT IN A HOTEL. #PRESERVEINNOCENCE"
The cancellations come along with Corey Feldman making headlines for vowing to name the names of what he claims is a ring of pedophiles in Hollywood, but only once he reaches his goal of raising $10 million to fund a film about the issue. Along with financing the film, Feldman says the money will go towards "protection and security" for his family, and legal fees. His TRUTH Campaign has raised almost $170k of its $10 million goal so far. "This is much bigger than raising finance for a film," he says, "this is about the balance of Good and Evil in very real terms."
The TRUTH Campaign's page continues:
Ever since Corey announced he was working on a plan to come forward with more information, he has been arrested, had a near death event, and his band quit with no explanation other than saying they were afraid to continue. Corey and I fear for our safety, and we need protection to get this truth out. To do this in the way Corey envisions it will take both time and money.
Feldman spoke about the campaign on the TODAY Show on Monday (10/30), where he told Matt Lauer, "I'm not playing around. It's serious stuff and I vow I will release every single name that I have any knowledge of. Period. And nobody's going to stop me this time. As long as people support this." When questioned about his 2013 memoir, Coreyography, where he didn't include the names of the alleged Hollywood pedophiles after saying he would, Feldman responded, "the publisher prevented me from writing the names down. They made me change the names."
This video-containing tweet by one of Corey's fans was retweeted by Corey:
Corey also linked an article blasting the TODAY Show for not taking him seriously enough, and punctuated it a link to his campaign:
NOW U UNDERSTAND WHAT IM UP AGAINST!!! PLEASE HELP ME SAVE THE CHILDREN, & GET MY TRUTH OUT THERE SAFELY!! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/corey-feldman-s-truth-campaign#/
Feldman's talk of raising money for a film to expose Hollywood pedophiles has also raised the ire of Judy Haim, the mother of the late Corey Haim, with whom Feldman co-starred in a few films together (most famously The Lost Boys) and who Feldman says also experienced abuse as a young actor. Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Judy called the fundraiser for the film "a long con," saying, "He’s a scam artist. If he was serious about this, he’d share the information he has with the police.” She continues, "It’s disrespectful to sexual assault survivors and their loved ones in and out of the industry to get their hopes up about uncovering a massive conspiracy, because he will not name names — ever. And if these people really are out there, and potentially a danger, why wouldn’t he want to name them right now?” Judy also cites the timing of the TRUTH Campaign as coinciding suspiciously with an alleged Louisiana drug bust.
In response to Judy Haim, Feldman again took to twitter, saying:
U GUYS KNOW I DONT EVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANY1, BUT JUDY HAIM (no longer her last name) IS A BAD WOMAN WHO VEHEMENTLY PROTECTS EVIL!
As of now, there's no word on whether the November dates of Feldman's "Heavenly US Angelic Tour" will go on as scheduled.