Earl Greyhound – Tour Dates ++ S/FJ’s Best of 2006
EARL GREYHOUND (CRED)
1. Gnarls Barkley “Crazy” (Live Top of The Pops version or the regular Atlantic version)
2. Christina Aguilera “Ain't No Other Man” (RCA)
3. Arctic Monkeys “When The Sun Goes Down” (Domino)
4. Dixie Chicks “The Long Way Around” (Sony)
5. Nerina Pallot “Everybody's Gone To War” (14th Floor)
6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs “Cheated Hearts” (Interscope)
7. Kelis “Bossy” (Jive)
8. Earl Greyhound “SOS” (Some) (listen @ MySpace)
9. Justin Timberlake f/T.I. “My Love” (Jive)
10. The Pack “Vans” (Jive)
Sasha's got a thing for major labels - in fact, most of his favorite 33 songs come from a major-label release. I am neither dissing Sasha, major labels, or implying that Sasha really favors them - it's just an interesting observation when you're constantly surrounded by this.
The artists on his list that AREN'T on majors stand out - especially Brooklyn's own Earl Greyhound (and I don't just mean because I bolded their name in the list above). Sasha loves the rockin' Zeppelinesque band, and it's getting them a lot of attention. He wrote in the September 4th, 2006 New Yorker:
During a recent Earl Greyhound show, one audience member turned to another and said, “Why aren’t they signed to a major yet?” “They’re still playing,” his friend quipped. Whether or not Earl Greyhound are the Next Big Thing is irrelevant—watching them will convince you that they are.
At a minimum, the praise should help Early Greyhound get that major label deal, which in turn should help them fit in better with Christina, Kelis, and Justin at the next Sasha soiree.
EARL GREYHOUND | 2006 TOUR DATES
Dec 14 2006 11:00P - Snitch, NYC
Dec 16 2006 10:00P - The Delancey, NYC
Dec 18 2006 8:00P - The Canal Room, NYC
Dec 21 2006 9:00P - Khyber Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
One last thing: Please tell me that none of the blogs who posted "Chris Ott is Gerard Vs. Bear!!" really believe it. I doubt that even Chris Ott and/or Nick Sylvester - whichever one of them wrote the post that also endorses Earl Greyhound - thought people would take their sarcastic "confession" seriously.