Flying Lotus lists his top 10 Criterion Collection DVDs; Captain Murphy playing SXSW 2013
Flying Lotus at LPR in October (more by Amanda Hatfield)
Flying Lotus, whose great Until the Quiet Comes has been getting the credit it deserves on year-end lists by NME, Uncut, NPR, and Pitchfork, just made a list of his top ten films that have Criterion Collection editions. The whole list with commentary is on Criterion's website but you can see his picks below.
In related news, Flying Lotus' rap alter-ego Captain Murphy recently tweeted that he'll be in Austin this March for SXSW 2013. This announcement comes after SXSW's own recent announcement of artists which included Rhye, Savages, Flatbush Zombies, Deap Vally, Angel Haze, and more.
Flying Lotus' list below...
Flying Lotus' Top 10 Criterion Collection Films
1. Being John Malkovich - Spike Jonze
2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Terry GIlliam
3. Do the Right Thing - Spike Lee
4. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - Wes Anderson
5. 8 1/2 - Federico Fellini
6. The Seventh Seal - Ingmar Bergman
7. Man Bites Dog - Rémy Belvaux, André Bonzel and Benoit Poelvoorde
8. Brazil - Terry Gilliam
9. By Brakhage: An Anthology, Volume One - Stan Brakhage
10. Beastie Boys Video Anthology - Various