Mark Kozelek heads to “Winnipeg” on new track, tells us what’s keeping him busy during COVID-19 isolation
Mark Kozelek releases his new spoken word album, All The Best, Isaac Hayes, on April 24 via Caldo Verde and here's another track from it. Like a lot of what he does these days, "Winnipeg" is basically a diary entry, this from part of his 2019 tour, as Mark muses on local hospitality, his love for San Francisco, pay phones, unsweetened ice tea, and other small pleasures, all set to gentle piano backing. "Winnipeg" premiere in this post.
Speaking of simple pleasures, Mark was also nice enough to send us a list of things that are keeping him busy while stuck at home due to COVID-19 isolation. His list includes books, movies and TV shows, cooking, "counting my blessings" and more. Check out Mark's list below.
Meanwhile, Mark released his second album with Ben Boye and Jim White 2 back in February and has two books with Kevin Corrigan coming out May 5 via Caldo Verde: The Panther and the Honey Badger (A Correspondence) and Zhao Tao (A Correspondence).
Mark Kozelek - What I'm Doing While Stuck at Home During COVID-19 Isolation
- Readying Mark Kozelek and Kevin Corrigan's The Panther and The Honey Badger and Zhao Tao for May 2020 release.
- Keeping a daily journal.
- Shadowboxing to Ratso Sloman, Uncut Gems and Bill Frisell Harmony.
- Finished William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying.
- Started reading Don Dunphy At Ringside by Don Dunphy.
- Long walks.
- Eating better than I have in my entire life.
- Talking with friends.
- Planting cacti.
- Watching Raging Bull, Pearl Harbor (Legacy of Attack), Okie NOODLING, The Great War (The Complete History of World War 1), Happy Days (The Complete First Season).
- Loving my girlfriend.
- Counting my blessings.