My Morning Jacket playing ‘Tennessee Fire’ 20th anniversary show in NY
Back in December, My Morning Jacket said their only shows of 2019 would be two at Red Rocks (8/2 & 8/3) and one at Forest Hills Stadium (8/10), 8/2 and 8/10 of which are with Warpaint (tickets). Turns out, they lied! No complaints though: MMJ will celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Tennessee Fire by performing it at the NYC-area's Capitol Theatre on August 9, one day before the Forest Hills show (and at a more intimate venue). The band writes:
In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of “The Tennessee Fire” My Morning Jacket will host a one-night-only performance at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY. The band will be playing the full album in it’s entirety along with other songs from that era. It’s going to be a night to remember!
A special pre-sale will be available for all ticket holders for our Forest Hills show on August 10th. This pre-sale will begin on Thursday, June 13th at 12pm EST and end Sunday, June 16 at 10pm EST. Any remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday, June 17th at 12pm local. In addition, a “Nashville to Kentucky” celebration VIP package will be available as well.
The Capitol Theatre “A Tennessee Fire 20th Anniversary Celebration” pre-sale How-To
1) Purchase tickets to see My Morning Jacket at Forest Hills on Saturday, August 10th. If you've already purchased tickets skip to step 2. This is the only pre-sale for this show.
2) Visit the “A Tennessee Fire 20th Anniversary Celebration” event page during the pre-sale window.
3) Enter the confirmation number from your Forest Hills ticket purchase in the “Promo Code” field. *NOTE you MUST type your confirmation number. Copy and paste will not work. These confirmation numbers will only work once.
4) Complete Transaction
Get those tickets here.
MMJ are also putting out an expanded reissue of The Tennessee Fire on August 2 via Darla Records. Pre-order it here and see the tracklist and more info below.
THE TENNESSEE FIRE REISSUE
Darla Records is happy to offer a 20th anniversary deluxe, expanded edition of The Tennessee Fire, the debut album by My Morning Jacket with 16 previously unreleased and unheard bonus tracks.
Red vinyl 3xLP + download: The classic debut album with a bonus 13-track full length LP plus three additional bonus tracks via download coupon. A triple gatefold jacket features previously unseen early band photos, a little drawing of Jim's that came with a now lost love letter and first demo, most of which became The Tennessee Fire, and original letters of direction for track sequence and layout in Jim's artful hand. The letter of direction for the original album layout comes as an insert as does the download coupon.
10" x 10" Specialty Litho Print
1. Heartbreakin Man
2. They Ran
3. The Bear
4. Nashville to Kentucky
5. Old Sept Blues
6. If All Else Fails
7. It's About Twilight Now
8. Evelyn is Not Real
9. War Begun
10. Picture of You
11. I Will Be There When You Die
12. The Dark
13. By My Car
14. Butch Cassidy
15. I Think I'm Going to Hell
16. Untitled instrumental (Alabama Come Clean)
Bonus tracks available on disc 3:
1. John Dyes Her Hair Red
2. Flew in on a Dead Horse
3. Yellow and Strobe
4. Lil Billy (Demo)
5. Evelyn is Not Real (First Version)
6. All This Joy Brings Different Feelings
7. Finger on the Frog
9. Weeks Go by Like Days (Alternate Version)
10. Plasma Ball
11. Breathin' Afterbirth
12. Heartbreakin' Man (First Version)
13. I Think I'm Going to Hell (Two Meter Session)
Bonus tracks available DIG and download coupon with 3xLP:
1. If All Else Fails (First Version)
2. The Bear (First Version)
3. The Bear (Third Version)