new Equal Vision comp released ft. Saves The Day, As Cities Burn, Armor For Sleep, Bars of Gold, more
Equal Vision Records turns 30 this year, and among other things, they just released the Safe & Sound: An Isolation Compilation featuring re-imaginings of songs by artists on the label including Saves The Day, As Cities Burn, Armor For Sleep, Bars of Gold (members of Bear vs Shark), Kaonashi, Young Culture, and more. 100% of profits will benefit the bands on the label, many of whom had to cancel tours this year due to COVID-19.
"When the pandemic hit, we quickly identified a couple of goals," said label manager Dan Sandshaw. "First, we wanted to find a way to give our bands some direct relief while all tours were grounded. Second, we set out to create a compilation to document the unprecedented times we are all living in. Both goals were accomplished and I’m proud of what our bands and team were able to create."
Along with the compilation comes a video for Saves The Day's contribution, which is a new 10-minute medley of three songs from their 2013 self-titled album ("Remember," "Verona," and "Ring Pop") featuring rapper Lloyd Vines. Watch that and stream the comp below and you can purchase various merch bundle options here.
For more Equal Vision, we recently picked and wrote about 10 of the label's most overlooked releases and we also asked 5 Equal Vision bands to discuss their favorite classic EVR album.
1. Hail The Sun - The Stranger in Our Pictures (Re-imagined)
2. Armor For Sleep - Basement Ghost Singing (Re-imagined)
3. Young Culture - Theme from This is Heaven
4. Kaonashi - Coffee & Conversation (Re-imagined)
5. I the Mighty - Sleepwalker (Re-imagined)
6. Sleep On It - Take Me Back (Re-imagined)
7. Calling All Captains - Chasing Ghosts (Re-imagined)
8. Vagrants - Clarity (Re-imagined)
9. Nova Charisma - Misleading the Story (Re-imagined)
10. Bars of Gold - Blue Lightning (Re-imagined)
11. As Cities Burn - Live Convinced (Re-Imagined)
12. Saves the Day - Remember/Verona/Ring Pop (Ft. Lloyd Vines)