New Years Eve in NYC, win tix & The Ten on DVD
Mr. Brownstone, Patti Smith, Les Savy Fav, The Virgins, Earl Greyhound, The Dresden Dolls, Dean & Britta, and a few others were all part of my first big 'New Years Eve in NYC' rundown this year. Then came news about Gogol Bordello, Dirty Projectors and Nellie McKay. We even heard about Velvet Revolver (which has since been reduced in price) and Chris Rock (which since had Jill Scott added to the bill). Here are some more NYC choices:
- Studio B New Year's Eve Celebration featuring Slick Rick the Ruler, Moby, Frankie Bones , Kudu, Holy Ghost!, Jacques Renault, The Bangers, Eamon Harkin - only $20.
- "What happens when you cross NYC's top burlesque night with a monster New Years Eve dance party? Burlesque + Discoteque = BURLESQUE - O - TEQUE!" @ Galapagos - tickets are on sale.
- "NYE Official Radiohead Album Release Party with Young Love, 33HZ and VHS or Beta Deejays" - tickets are very expensive and so are drinks @ Hiro Ballroom.
- DJ XXXchange from Spank Rock is playing at the Annex
- The Y2k8 Dance Party @ Silent Barn is all ages and will have free Sparks and is only $5.00 to get in - 6 live acts and/or DJs, presented by Famous Friends & Big Stereo.
- A Place To Bury Strangers is playing the RATED-X & TRASH! New Years Eve Extravaganza at Don Hill's (sort of this year's Motherf*cker party since there isn't Motherf*cker anymore)
Studio B is my first choice of that new bunch, but Galapagos and Silent Barn sound great too - and Don Hill's will probably be good too (if you liked going to Motherf*cker). Hiro Ballroom I can definitely do without.
WIN STUFF: I have one pair of tickets to give away to Mr. Brownstone, and another pair for Nellie McKay, and I still never gave away that pair to the Dirty Projectors, AND I have two DVD copies of The Ten to send out as well. The Ten is related to The State. More details on all of this below.....
To win Brownstone Tix: E-mail BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM (subject: Browstone). Include your first and last name and your favorite album of the year. I'll pick one winner at random and contact them.
To win Nellie Tix: E-mail BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM (subject: Nellie). Include your first and last name and your favorite album of the year. I'll pick one winner at random and contact them.
To win Dirty Projectors Tix: E-mail BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM (subject: DP). Include your first and last name and your favorite album of the year. I'll pick one winner at random and contact them. If you already entered this one, you don't have to enter again, but you can if you want to.
To win one copy of The Ten on DVD: E-mail BVCONTESTS@HOTMAIL.COM (subject: TEN). Name one of David Cross's favorite things in 2007. Two winners will be emailed back and asked for their names and addresses.
Gogol Bordello tickets have already been awarded.