The Claypool-Lennon Delirium brought out Yoko Ono, paid tribute to Gene Wilder @ Irving Plaza (pics, setlist, video)
photos by Greg Cristman
The Claypool-Lennon Delirium, the supergroup comprised of Sean Lennon and Primus' Les Claypool, brought their tour to NYC's Irving Plaza on Tuesday (8/30). As with the last time they were in the area, they covered Pink Floyd's "Astronomy Domine" as well as the Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows" in addition to a bunch of material from the group's debut album Monolith of Phobos.
This time though, they also broke out a great rendition of King Crimson's "In the Court of the Crimson King" and "Thela Hun Ginjeet," and Les also busted out a little bass solo rendition of "Pure Imagination" as a tribute to the late Gene Wilder. (Primus did that whole Willy Wonka thing, you may remember.) They were also joined by a very special guest for the last song, Sean's mom Yoko Ono, who helped out with the Primus song "Southbound Pachyderm." Watch video of that below.
Pictures are in the gallery above, and you can check out the setlist and the "Southbound Pachyderm" below.
The Claypool Lennon Delirium -- 8/30/16 Setlist
1. Astronomy Domine (Pink Floyd cover)
2. Cricket and the Genie (Movement I, The Delirium)
("Pure Imagination" bass solo before the song)
3. Cricket and the Genie (Movement II, Oratorio Di Cricket)
4. Breath of a Salesman
5. The Monolith of Phobos
6. Cosmic Highway (The Les Claypool Frog Brigade cover)
7. Boomerang Baby
8. Animals (The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger) (with Charlotte Kemp Muhl)
9. Mr. Wright
10. In the Court of the Crimson King (King Crimson cover)
11. Bubbles Burst
12. Thela Hun Ginjeet (King Crimson cover) (with "Dueling Banjos" tease)
13. Tomorrow Never Knows(The Beatles cover)
1. Pure Imagination(Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley cover) (bass solo + verse. Les Claypool only)
2. Southbound Pachyderm