The Highwomen releasing debut LP, share “Redesigning Women”
The Highwomen, an all-star country supergroup featuring Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Amanda Shires and Natalie Hemby, fittingly made their live debut earlier this year at a Nashville, TN tribute to Loretta Lynn. Now they’ve announced their self-titled debut album, produced by the great Dave Cobb (who has worked with Amanda before, as well as her husband Jason Isbell, and Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, and Colter Wall, among others) and due out September 6. Its first single is the spirited “Redesigning Women,” which has a Elizabeth Olmstead-directed video featuring cameo appearances from Tanya Tucker and Wynonna Judd, among others. "Anyone can be a Highwoman," Brandi says. "It’s about banding together, abandoning as much ego as humanly possible, holding one another up and amplifying other women every chance we get. Shoulder to shoulder. One push, one love."
The Highwomen have one upcoming show at the moment, which happens at Newport Folk Festival on Friday, July 26. See the cover and tracklisting of their new LP, and watch the "Redesigning Women" video below.
The Highwomen Tracklisting
1. "Highwomen" (written by Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires, Jimmy Webb)
2. "Redesigning Women" (written by Natalie Hemby, Rodney Clawson)
3. "Loose Change" (written by Maren Morris, Maggie Chapman, Daniel Layus)
4. "Crowded Table" (written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Lori McKenna)
5. "My Name Can’t Be Mama" (written by Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Amanda Shires)
6. "If She Ever Leaves Me" (written by Amanda Shires, Jason Isbell, Chris Thompkins)
7. "Old Soul" (written by Maren Morris, Luke Dick, Laura Veltz)
8. "Don’t Call Me" (written by Amanda Shires, Peter Levin)
9. "My Only Child" (written by Natalie Hemby, Amanda Shires, Miranda Lambert)
10. "Heaven Is A Honky Tonk" (written by Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, Ray LaMontagne)
11. "Cocktail And A Song" (written by Amanda Shires)
12. "Wheels Of Laredo" (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth, Phil Hanseroth)