third Empire Records anniversary at Rough Trade added
The 20th anniversary of Empire Records is being celebrated this year with a high-concept tribute to the movie at Rough Trade NYC in Williamsburg. Two nights (April 8 & 9) were already announced and quickly sold out, and now they've added a third for April 10. Tickets for night 3 go on sale Friday (2/27) at noon with a Ticketmaster presale starting today (2/25) at 10 AM.
In case you missed it the first time, event description below...
"Twenty years - to the day! - since the original Rex Manning Day, BBQ Films invites you to "Say No More, Mon Amour," damn the man, and save The Empire. For one night only, Williamsburg's Rough Trade is transformed into the legendary Empire Records, with all the staff and characters you've come to love (and hate).
On April 8, [and 9] 2015, join Lucas and his couch cushion, boss Joe (but don't touch his drums!), Gina and her "Sugar High," and, of course, Corey and her crush, Rex Manning... Immerse yourself in the world of Empire Records with a screening of the film, live music, a Rex Manning autograph, and, if you're brave enough, a chance to shave your head for Debra's funeral. Music-veto power available, pending Mark's approval.
• 1 free drink and free BBQ Films gourmet popcorn
• A Rex Manning autograph
• 1 custom button at the DIY Button Station
• A fabulous Rex Manning Photobooth
• Screening of Empire Records (1995)
• A live set from the Empire house band, and potential additional sets TBA
• A head shaving station (first five folks who shave their heads drink free)
• A limited-edition event poster by Todd Ian Goldstein
• ...and all the theatrical immersion BBQ Films guests have come to expect...
Limited edition! For brave souls, special secret experiences will be auctioned off the night of. Think: A Warren shopping spree. A Gina Sugar High. An Oh Rexy You're So Sexy one-on-one with Rex himself... Come with a few extra bucks if you're game!"