Top 10 lists by Steve LaCour & Paul Delaney ++ another Trap Them & Black Anvil NYC show (dates)
Trap Them at Knitting Factory (more by Samantha Marble)
Trap Them was forced to cancel their NYC appearance at Santos Party House last week due to illness, but the band intends to make up for it! Though the band already has a headlining show scheduled for 1/15 at Cake Shop with All Pigs Must Die, Psychic Limb, and Black Anvil (tickets), BV/1000Knives will also present Trap Them on 1/14 at Union Pool in Brooklyn (one night earlier). Tickets are on sale for the new Brooklyn show that will be also be opened by All Pigs Must Die and Black Anvil.
The Union Pool show is one of two BrooklynVegan-presented events set for 1/14. The second is Castevet, Seidr, Lake of Blood and Falls of Rauros at Acheron.
And like Kylesa's Pillip Cope, Steve LaCour of Trap Them and Paul Delaney of Black Anvil made us lists of some of their favorite things that happened in 2010. Check out those lists, with the NYC show flyers and some videos, below...
Trap Them, Black Anvil & All Pigs Must Die Tour Dates
1/14 @ Union Pool in Brooklyn, NY
1/15 @ Cake Shop in NY, NY
Trap Them in Atlanta Dec 12 2010
Trap Them "Day Nineteen:Fucking Viva" & "Day Twenty Six: Angles Anonymous in Transit" 12.2.10 @ Peabodys Concert Club. Cleveland, Ohio
Trap Them "insomniawesome" 12.2.10 @ Peabodys Concert Club. Cleveland, Ohio
Top ten favorite things of 2010 by Steve LaCour of Trap Them
1. Thou - Summit, Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky, Darkthrone - Circle the Wagons, Kvelertak - Kvelertak
2. Your Mom's Burger Joint - Austin, TX, Fette Sau - Brooklyn, NY, Hana Food - Brooklyn, NY, Govinda's - Philadelphia, PA
3. Xanex, Klonopin, Mushrooms, Vicodin
4. Brian Izzi - Darkthrone, Kvelertak, Haust, Burzum, Bioshock, Ampeg v4s, New York Ripper, Godcity, Best worst movie, Real friends, new and old
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 1, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Predators, (most likely) Tron: Legacy, Iron Man 2.
6. San Francisco, Brooklyn, New Orleans, Austin
7. Hanging out with my dog, other ultimately personal, fleeting instances of comfort and compassion.
8. The countless porno-booth jackshacks throughout the American Interstate system, being told that a certain post-black metal record is "too deep" for me, getting into a shouting match with a one legged bro-dude with X-mas lights in the prosthetic in the streets of Louisville
9. Immortal at the Masonic Temple, Voivod at Scion Fest, Thou at ABC No Rio, Converge at Santo's, Black Breath anywhere
10. Andy Williams and Josh Newton, Brian Cook, Dave Verellen, Andrea Black, Jodie Cox, Meghan McInnis, Chris Maggio, Ryan McKenney, Brian Montuori
Black Anvil at Europa (more by Samantha Marble)
Top 10 of 2010 by Paul Delaney of Black Anvil/None More Black
1- Watain: Lawless Darkness
2- Urfaust: Der Freiwillige Bettler
3- Madball: Empire
4- The Devil's Blood: Entire catalog, all the time*
5- Terror Of The Trees: Live In Fame, Die In Flame
6- OFF!: First Four EP's
7- Triptykon: Esparistera Daimones
8- Ghost: Opus Eponymous
9- Motorhead: The World Is Yours
10- Okkultokrati: No Light For Mass