UCB announces Del Close Marathon 2018 lineup/schedule (tickets on sale)
The 2018 edition of Upright Citizens Brigade's annual Del Close Marathon runs Friday, June 29 - Sunday, July 1 with round-the-clock improv performances across 11 stages, featuring over 750 shows and panels over the course of the three days. The night before, the DCM is presenting a special edition of UCB's signature long-form show ASSSSCAT at Carnegie Hall (6/28) with UCB founding members Matt Besser, Amy Poehler, Ian Roberts and Matt Walsh (aka the UCB4), plus guests Rachel Dratch and Horatio Sanz (tickets). The marathon kicks off in earnest with a press conference on Friday at 4 PM at UCB Hell's Kitchen where the UCB4 will answer questions.
The 2018 DCM schedule has just been released and includes shows featuring Anthony Atamanuik, Owen Burke, Nicole Byer, Jessica St. Clair, Jon Daly, Kate Dippold, John Gemberling, Brian Huskey, Ellie Kemper, Nick Kroll, Jason Mantzoukas, Jack McBrayer, Thomas Middleditch, Adam Pally, Lennon Parham, Natasha Rothwell, Paul Scheer, Ben Schwartz, Zach Woods, Sasheer Zamata and many (many!) more.
Festival passes ($45, cash only) are available starting June 29 at noon at all DCM venues and "grants access to all DCM theatres throughout the festival except premium ticketed shows at All Stars Project and The Griffin at The Pershing Square Signature Center and ASSSSCAT at UCBT Hell's Kitchen (standby only)." You can buy advance tickets for premium shows and passes do allow you to to standby for premium shows.
A few specific DCM18 highlights:
- Nick Kroll and Friends (6/29, 10:45 PM @ The Griffin): Nick Kroll does improv comedy with some of his friends for your laughing pleasure.
- Improv4Humans (Fri, Sat, Sun @ UCB Hell's Kitchen, various times): Matt Besser's popular podcast comes to DCM20 with three performances all weekend featuring special guests.
- Middleditch + Schwartz (6/29, 10 PM @ UCB Hell's Kitchen): Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) and Ben Schwartz (Parks & Rec)" make stuff up for 30 Minutes."
- Facebook (6/29 @ The Griffin): audience members are randomly plucked from the audience to get their Facebook page examined and then turned into long form improvised comedy scenes based entirely on their profile pictures, comments and status. (tickets)
- UCBT's Women of Color (6/30, 7 PM @ The Griffin): UCBTLA/NY's top WOC performers jump on stage together. Cast includes Natasha Rothwell, Nicole Byer, Sasheer Zamata and many more.
- Scheer/McBrayer (6/30, 6:30 PM @ UCB Hell's Kitchen): Paul Scheer (How Did This Get Made) and Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) join together for a night of improv comedy.
- We Can Fix You (7/1, 6 PM @ UCB Hell's Kitchen): UCB founders Matt Besser, Amy Poehler, Ian Roberts, Matt Walsh plus Owen Burke "are here to help."
- Match Game '76 (7/1, 2:30 AM @ UCB Hell's Kitchen): For the last 16 years a strange occurrence has happened, a time vortex opens on the UCB Theater Stage and the audience is transported back to Hollywood California in 1976 to see a taping of MATCH GAME 76. Scholars believe that this will once again happen -- with Paul Scheer and Chad Carter.
- Vino Diesel (6/30, 10:45 PM @ The Griffin): a completely improvised show where Adam Pally seeks to learn about wine from a sommelier and attempts sophisticated conversation while chaos runs rampant around him.
- Nicole Byer and Friends (7/1, 2 PM @ The Griffin): Nicole Byer (Nailed It, Loosely Exactly Nicole, Girl Code) is joined by her cool ass friends to put on this one of a kind improv performance.
- Mantzoukas And... (7/1, 12:30 PM @ UCB Hell's Kitchen): Jason Mantzoukas grabs a random member from the audience and improvises with them.
Check out the full Del Close Marathon schedule for lots, lots more.