What’s going on Wednesday?
Sam Amidon @ LPR in 2009 (more by Fresh Bread)
tonight in NYC
* Talib Kweli @ SOB's
* Questlove on a boat
* Brand Nubian @ Crotona Park
* Villagers @ Joe's Pub
* Phil Collins @ Roseland Ballroom
* Victor Wooten @ Highline Ballroom
* Taking Back Sunday @ Irving Plaza
* Juana Molina @ Stuyvesant Town Oval
* Goldfrapp & Cults @ Hammerstein Ballroom
* Sam Amidon, Partyface @ Mercury Lounge
* Tortoise, Aethereal Bace @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Steve Hackett and Renaissance @ Rockefeller Park
* The A-Bones, Girls At Dawn @ Rocks Off Concert Cruises
* Susu, The Naked Hearts, Arc in Round, Tami Heart @ Cake Shop
* Punch Brothers, Julian Lage Group @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Harper Blynn, Jenny Owen Youngs, Pearl & The Beard @ Maxwell's
* Sound Bites Luchtime Series w/ The Beets @ South Street Seaport
Kevin Barker & Tiny Vipers, Leif Vollebekk, Dormant @ Littlefield
* Big Terrific w/ Max Silvestri, Gabe Liedman, Jenny Slate @ The Cameo
* The Babies, Narwhalz of Sound, DJ Dogdick, Shams, Nonhorse, Sewn Leather @ Silent Barn
* Extra Life, Sam Mickens' Ecstatic Showband & Revue, Apollo Heights @ Death By Audio
* McCoy Tyner Quartet w/ Ravi Coltrane, Esperanza Spalding & Francisco Mela, The Stanley Clarke Band w/ Hiromi @ Central Park
The Beets play South Street Seaport at 1pm.
Two members of Genesis are in town.
Tame Impala are playing a private show at Coco66 tonight. It'll be their first NYC show ahead of their sold out ones at Pianos at Glasslands this week. It's invite-only, but the venue posted the info.
As previously reported, tonight is Irving Plaza's official first night with its old name: Taking Back Sunday play.
A video of Monday's Make Music NY performance of Iannis Xenakis' "Persephassa" played around the lake in Central Park to a crowd in boats is posted below.
Persephassa by Iannis Xenakis - The Lake in Central Park