What’s going on Sunday?
Tune-Yards in Montreal (more by Ryan Muir)
tonight in NYC
* Social Distortion @ Starland Ballroom (NJ)
* Rufus Wainwright @ Paramount Theatre (Asbury Park)
* David Crowell Ensemble, Jerseyband @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Darlings, ArpLine @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Julian Lynch, The Sunsheds, Baby Alpaca, Binary @ The Delancey
* St. Vincent, Tune-Yards, Basia Bulat @ Central Park SummerStage
* Pat Jordache, Darlings, Hume, Bird Names, Regal Degal @ Cake Shop
* Hot Guts, Bored Straight, Enthusiasts, Pink Reason @ Death By Audio
* Gunn Truscinski Duo, Title TK, Noveller, La Big Vic @ Glasslands
* Altar Of Plagues, Velnias, Castavet, Man's Gin @ Studio at Webster Hall
* Gray Ghost, Unreal City, The Ominous Order of Filthy Mongrels @ The Acheron
* Roots of American Music "Dig: Their Royal Hipness" (early & late) @ Lincoln Center
* Streetlight Manifesto, Crime In Stereo, The Wonder Years, Dan Potthast @ Highline Ballroom
Alternatively, St. Vincent, Tune-Yards, and Basia Bulat play the free show at Summerstage.
Asphalt Orchestra play St Vincent-related shows all this week.
Asylum Street Spankers, Los Straitjackets, The World Famous Pontani Sisters and Etran Finatawa perform at Lincoln Center's Hearst Plaza/Barclays Capital Grove during the day. David Johansen, 'surprise artist' Sandra Bernhard and a performance of Shel Silverstein's "Hamlet: The Street Chant" by Melvin Van Peebles and others is at Damrosch Park Bandshell at night.
Newport Folk Fest is happening and streaming.