What’s going on Saturday (in the daytime)?
Wu-Tang Clan @ Hammerstein 2008 (more by Zach Dilgard)
today in NYC
* Tesco Vee @ Generation Records
* 2nd Annual McKibbin Street Fair
* Rock the Bells @ Governors Island
* J&R Music Fest w/ Eli Paperboy Reed
* Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island
* Out in the Street Fest @ Brooklyn Fire Proof
* Charlie Parker Jazz Festival @ Marcus Garvey Park
* Zaza, Motel Motel, Sport of Kings, the Stationary Set @ Rock Yard
* Big Freedia, Rusty Lazer (DJ set), DJ Rashad (DJ set), Venus X and Brenmar (DJ set) (Warm Up) @ P.S.1
The above list of stuff is starting in the daytime. Some of it goes late. The full list of tonight's shows
coming shortly IS HERE. Check out This Week in Indie for some of it now (note that tonight's Bruar Falls show has moved to Dead Herring) (also note that the first 100 people to the merch table at tonight's Bowery Ballroom show get a free limited edition tape and CD-R).
This is the same day as Rock the Bells...
Rock the Bells full lineup and set times HERE.
If you miss Big Freedia at PS1 today, there's always Coco66 tonight.
If you miss Tesco Vee at Generation Records today, there's always Santos Party House tonight.
Sunday is Michael Jackson's birthday party in Prospect Park.
Sunday is also the reinstated final Pool Party with a secret (Gucci Mane?) lineup.