What’s going on Tuesday?
The Greenhornes @ ATP NY 2010 (more by BBG)
today in NYC
* Honey Ear Trio @ Barbes
* Zim Ngqawana @ The Stone
* Gil Scott-Heron @ BB King's
* Dayna Kurtz @ The Living Room
* El DeBarge @ Highline Ballroom
* Waking Lights, Linfinity @ Maxwell's
* Darcy James Argue Society @ Joe's Pub
* The Greenhornes, The Ettes @ Bowery Ballroom
* Matisyahu, Tally Hall @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* The Radio Dept., High Highs, Braids @ Knitting Factory
* Sean Flinn w/ Jolie Holland, Lone Wolf & Cub @ Union Pool
* Spanglish Fly, Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra @ Cameo Gallery
* The Sway Machinery, DeLeon, Soulico (JDub Benefit) @ Brooklyn Bowl
* Autodrone, The Brother Kite, Ambassadors, Sneaky Legend @ Mercury Lounge
* Charles Bissell & Kevin Whelan of the Wrens, Palomar, Bird of Youth @ Rock Shop
* Candles of Paradise, Grey Gersten, Love-In, Daniel Carter, Shahzad Ismaily, Indigo Street, Ches Smith @ Zebulon
Check out This Week in Indie
It's almost Hanukkah.
The Living Room is hosting a film/TV songwriter showcase before Dayna Kurtz plays tonight, and a mysterious "Danman and the LC" after her. Does anyone know who "Daman and the LC" is?
The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting is tonight:
"Iconic Tree Event to Kick-Off Holidays in New York City The 2010 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree will be lit for the first time on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 with live and taped performances from 7 P.M. - 9 P.M., at Rockefeller Plaza, between West 48th & West 51st Streets and 5th and 6th Avenues, Manhattan. The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is a world-wide symbol of the holidays in New York City. The tree, traditionally a Norway Spruce, is illuminated by 30,000 environmentally friendly LED lights on five miles of wire, and crowned by a Swarovski crystal star. Tens of thousands crowd the sidewalks for the event and hundreds of millions watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony broadcast live across the globe."
Performers include Mariah Carey, Susan Boyle, Jessica Simpson, Josh Groban, Welsh mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins, and Slayer.
Ok, fine. Slayer isn't actually performing, but it would be amazing if they would (somewhat related video below)...