What’s going on Monday?
today in NYC
* Whiplash @ UCB
* Chicha Libre @ Barbes
* Tony Scherr Trio @ The Living Room
* Tinie Tempah @ Apple Store SoHO
* Eszter Balint, Chris Cochrane @ Barbes
* Les Paul Mondays w/ Ted Nugent @ Iridium Jazz
* Hot Tub with Kurt and Kristen @ Littlefield
* Jim Campilongo Electric Trio @ The Living Room
* Chuck Ragan, Sharks, Sean O'Neill @ The Bell House
* Karl Berger's Stone Workshop Orchestra @ The Stone
* LAL8, J. Slusher Mr. Matthews Duo, Millions, Dimensions @ Silent Barn
* Machu Picchu, Whale Belly, Alyson Greenfield, Robin Bacior @ Mercury Lounge
* Sherlock's Daughter, Zaza, A Place To Bury Strangers (DJ set) @ Knitting Factory (free)
* J-Roddy Walston & The Business, These United States, MyNameIsJohnMichael @ Brooklyn Bowl
* The Toothaches, Cara Salimando, Midnight Spin, We Fought In Rome @ The Rock Shop (free)
* Cola Freaks, Sunshine SS, Flies Around It, Passive Aggressor, Cheesquake @ Death By Audio
* Photon Dynamo and The Shiny Pieces, Actualities, Wave Sleep Wave, Papercut, Claire Fuller @ Pianos
* From Knishes to Hummus: Tracing the past and the future of Jewish and Israeli Cuisine @ NYPL
* Le Sphinxx, Ah Moskva, The Magick Report, The Great Republic of Rough and Ready, Sonia Megias @ Cake Shop
Ronnie James Dio passed away one year ago today.
If you look closely at the picture of the 1986 issue of 'Hit Parader' above, you'll notice there is also an article in there about everyone's favorite gun advocate Ted Nugent.... who was spotted hanging outside Public Assembly Saturday night (he did not go in and watch any of Coliseum), and who is strangely the special guest at Les Paul night at the Iridium tonight.
J-Roddy Walston & The Business and These United States continue a residency at Brooklyn Bowl tonight.
The Great Escape festival in Brighton is now over. We'll have a bit of coverage coming soon, but in the meantime you can find the photos Tim has uploaded so far, at the BrooklynVegan Facebook page.