What’s going on Wednesday?
"hate me, but listening to the new Radiohead material reminds
me just how mainstream I really am." - Megumi Terui
"I've never even heard 'OK Computer', but anything by Radiohead doesn't make much sense to me. Everyone's going on about Radiohead pushing things forward, but the only thing they're famous for really is songs like 'Creep' innit?" - Liam Gallagher
today in NYC
* Mike Bones @ Zebulon
* The Soundbats @ Barbes
* Mandingo Ambassadors @ Barbes
* Twin Sister, Lost Boy? @ Union Pool
* The Head and the Heart @ Living Room
* Joe McPhee, Lori Freedman @ The Stone
* Laura Marling, Alessi's Ark @ Webster Hall
* Foster The People, Cults, Reptar @ Terminal 5
* Radiohead, Four Tet, etc @ Roseland Ballroom
* Duo for the Liberation of Sound and Image @ The Stone
* The Drums, Patrick Cleandenim, Regal Degal @ Maxwell's
* Factory Floor, Apache Beat, Fan-Tan @ Knitting Factory
* The Album Leaf, Sister Crayon, Movus @ Le Poisson Rouge
* Reptar, Savoir Adore, B-Roc of The Knocks @ Tammany Hall
* Veronica Falls, McDonalds, Heaven's Gate, The Hairs @ Pianos
* Viva Voce, The Parson Red Heads, The Dearloves @ The Rock Shop
* Swans, Wovenhand, Sir Richard Bishop @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Black Branches, Bow Ribbons, Zs, Bubbles, Hess Is More @ 50 Eldridge St.
* Dark Dark Dark, A Hawk and A Hacksaw, Pillars and Tongues @ The Bell House
* Our Hit Parade w/ Bridget Everett, Kenny Mellman, Neal Medlyn @ Highline Ballroom
* Thao & Get Down Stay Down, A>G>E, Ambassadors, Valerie June @ Mercury Lounge
* Gringo Star, Gross Relations, Palomar, EULA, Raven Sings The Blues (DJ) @ Glasslands
* The Head and the Heart, Cory Chisel & The Wandering Sons, These United States @ Bowery Ballroom
* Ninjasonik, Eric Sosa, Wordspit & The Illest, Kings County, G.R.A.M.Z., G. Bub @ Public Assembly
* Strike Anywhere, A Wilhelm Scream, The Copyrights, Bridge And Tunnel @ The Studio at Webster Hall
"Some ticket holders for this week's New York shows have chosen to re-sell one or both of their allocation on auction sites. Using a 2 ticket limit and will-call only access with ID, we have tried to ensure that more tickets go to the people who prefer to see the show than to cheat fellow fans with re-selling tickets at exorbitant prices.
For those of you who have to pay over the face value of the ticket, PLEASE make sure that you are certain you can get into the show before parting with your money. A ticket is only valid with its matching credit card details and the ID of the purchaser, after which the ticket holder will be escorted straight through. "
KEXP posted a 17 minute Arctic Monkeys in-studio performance that you can watch below...