What’s going on Tuesday?
David Byrne & St. Vincent @ Pop Montreal 2012 (more by Dominick Mastrangelo)
today in NYC
* David J @ The Delancey
* Sanda Weigl @ Joe's Pub
* The Bad Plus @ Mercury Lounge
* The G String Orchestra @ Barbes
* Carol Lipnik and Spookorama @ Barbes
* Weekend, Woodsman, Eraas @ Cameo Gallery
* Herzog Rising, Ballroom, BC @ Union Pool
* David Byrne, St. Vincent @ Beacon Theater
* Saint Vitus, Weedeater, Sourvein @ Saint Vitus
* Big Business, Gay Witch Abortion @ Maxwell's
* Two Gallants, Papa @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Karan Casey w/ Niall & Cillian Vallely @ Joe's Pub
* Gotye, Missy Higgins, Jonti @ Radio City Music Hall
* Dirty Projectors, Lavender Diamond @ The Capitol Theatre
* R. Stevie Moore, Love as Laughter @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Marc Edwards/Weasel Walter, Violent Bullshit, Aperiodic @ Cake Shop
* Anti-Pop Consortium, Rafiq Bhatia, Alexander Overington @ Pianos
* Rich Aucoin, Stepdad, Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt, Bernsden @ Glasslands
* Rob Tannenbaum, Craig Marks, Chuck Klosterman @ Book Court
* We Have The Technology, Grace Banks, The Nepotist @ Pianos (Upstairs)
* Gross Relations, Punks On Mars, A Rex & J Rex, Young Boys @ 285 Kent Avenue
* Lauren Mann and the Fairly Odd Folk, Tall Tall Trees, Emily Mure @ The Rock Shop
* Guerilla Toss, Fat History Month, The Dreebs, Cave Bear, Mr. Transylvania @ Death By Audio
* Diamond Terrifier, The AM Group, Marcia Bassett + Samara Lubelski, Beer Damage, Tetsuo Rebirth @ Zebulon
* Comic Books Club w/ Fernando Ruiz, Fabio Redivo, Anthony Marques @ Fontanas
David Byrne and St. Vincent are here this week, playing the Beacon Theatre tonight and tomorrow (9/26) and Williamsburg Park on Saturday (9/29). You can read BV Chicago's review from last week if you want to know what to expect, as well as bandmember Kelly Pratt's tour diary.
Another David is in town, too. Onetime Bauhaus and Love & Rockets bassist David J. performs tonight at The Delancey.
Onetime Bay Area noisemakers Weekend make their debut as Brooklyn residents tonight at Cameo with Woodsman and ERAAS.
Meanwhile at 285 Kent, it's a similar, if gloomier, vibe with four local bands: A Rex & J Rex, Young Boys, Punks on Mars and Gross Relations. Only $5 for this one and you can stream Young Boys' most recent EP below.
Rock writers Rob Tannenbaum and Craig Marks celebrate the paperback release of their book I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution at Rob Tannenbaum, Craig Marks, Chuck Klosterman @ Book Court">Book Court in Brooklyn. Moderated by Chuck Klosterman, they'll discuss "the heyday of music videos, and whether or not MTV now sucks." The event is free and starts at 7 PM.
Follow BrooklynVegan on Instagram.
Chelsea Wolfe, whose new album, Unknown Rooms: A Collection of Acoustic Songs, is out next month, was filmed beautifully performing "The Way We Used To" by Out Of Town Films. Watch below.
Savages - "City's Full" (Live in Nottingham, Bodega)
Chelsea Wolfe - "The Way We Used To"