What’s going on Wednesday?
The National at Mercury Lounge last month (more by Sarah Gainer)
Youth Lagoon @ Bell House last month (more by Amanda Hatfield)
today in NYC
* Lotte Anker @ Barbes
* Rakim @ Red Hook Park
* Patti Smith @ Bowery Ballroom
* Bugs in the Dark, Gung @ Muchmore's
* The Mandingo Ambassadors @ Barbes
* Big Terrific Comedy Show @ Cameo Gallery
* Walter Jones, Jacuzzihidive @ Cameo Gallery
* Dither, Lorna Dune, Philip White @ Silent Barn
* The National, Youth Lagoon @ Barclays Center
* World's End Press, Selebrities @ Mercury Lounge
* Cristina Pato and The Migrations Band @ Joe's Pub
* Chimneys, Malcolm, eskimeaux, Told Slant @ Big Snow
* The Mountain Goats, The Baptist Generals @ Maxwell's
* Sylvie Courvoisier & Mark Feldman Quartet @ The Stone
* Hard Nips, Potty Mouth, Leda, Pretty Greens @ Cake Shop
* Dave Alvin and The Guilty Ones, Sarah Borges @ City Winery
* St. Paul and The Broken Bones, James Bay @ Mercury Lounge
* Liam McEneaney, Rob Paravonian, Janeane Garofalo @ Union Hall
* Grandchildren, Conveyor, Francisco The Man, Strange Shapes @ Pianos
* Yellowbirds, Alecia Chakour, Freddie Stevenson @ Rockwood Music Hall
* Chains of Love, Guyanna Ross & The Supremes, The Veda Reys @ Knitting Factory
* Shellshag, 50 Million, Apogee Sound Club, Extra Feeler, Lilith Vector @ Death By Audio
* So So Apropos, Lora Faye, Wilsen, St. Claire, Sami.The.Great, Kiddo, Basinger @ Spike Hill
* Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Immolation, Magrudergrind, Black Anvil @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* The Secret History, French Films, Hints, DJ Kip Berman (of Pains of Being Pure at Heart) @ Glasslands
Tonight's the kickoff of the 2013 season of Celebrate Brooklyn! in Prospect Park with a free show by Patty Griffin. Gates open at 6:30 PM and the show starts at 8:15 PM.
This evening is also your last chance to catch Finland's French Films who play Glasslands with NYC indie poppers The Secret History. Hints also play and Kip Berman of Pains of Being Pure at Heart is DJing. Tickets are still available.
Follow BrooklynVegan on instagram.
Deerhoof just released a video for "Breakup Songs" which is from last year's similarly titled Breakup Song album. You can watch it below.
Disclosure, whose excellent debut LP is out this week, appeared on "Jools Holland" last night to perform their track "Latch" with Sam Smith. Check out a video of that below.
Another one of the big breakout UK groups of the year, Savages, also appeared on late night TV last night, making their network debut on "Fallon." They played "She Will" and a web exclusive of "City's Full," both of which you can watch below.
Deerhoof - "Breakup Songs" Official Video
Disclosure - "Latch" (feat. Sam Smith) on 'Jools Holland'
Savages - "She Will" on 'Fallon'
Savages - "City's Full" on 'Fallon'