What’s going on Sunday?
Coney Island - July 3, 2009 (setusthebomb)
tonight in NYC
* Deicide @ BB King's
* Allen Toussaint @ Joe's Pub
* BLK JKS @ Weeksville Heritage Center
* Oumou Sangare, Les Nubians, Asa @ Summerstage
* The Entrance Band, TK Webb and The Visions @ Southpaw
* Brian Borcherdt (of Holy Fuck), My Best Fiend @ Mercury Lounge
* Psychedelic Horseshit, Wet Hair, John Maus, Ganglians @ Monster Island
* Afro-Punk Festival w/ Earl Greyhound, Tamar-Kali, London Souls @ BAM
* Show No Mercy w/ Anal Cunt, Fuck The Facts, Locrian, Gwynbleidd, Copremesis @ Public Assembly
* Recovering from July 4th...
"Fireworks burst into the night sky above New York with a kaleidoscope of colors shooting 1,000 feet into the air on an Independence Day that began with the Statue of Liberty's crown opening to the public for the first time since Sept. 11, 2001." [AP]
The Brooklyn Afro-Punk Festival get into its second of three days. Living Colour is no longer on the bill though. Monday you can catch Saul Williams and Janelle Monae.
Ganglians play on a bill with Psychedelic Horseshit, Wet Hair, John Maus and Dead Luke at Monster Island.
"Reporting from Washington -- A day after Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin resigned, a federal official in her home state dismissed one potential explanation for her sudden and unexpected resignation: a rumored FBI investigation into the former Wasilla mayor on public corruption charges." [LA Times]
The Entrance Band opened for Sonic Youth on Friday night. Tonight they headline their own show at Southpaw.
Zs played Death By Audio on July 3rd. Video below...
Allen Klein, RIP