What’s going on Thursday?
Yeasayer @ MHOW 12/06 (more by Ryan Muir)
tonight in NYC
* Ben Perowsky Quartet @ Barbes
* Drug Rug, Your Nature @ Union Pool
* Ida Maria, Franz Nicolay @ Maxwell's
* Tracy Bonham, Tony Scherr @ Joe's Pub
* De La Soul, Buckshot @ Nokia Theatre
* Rakim, DJ Souljah, U-God @ Highline Ballroom
* Tori Amos, One Eskimo @ Radio City Music Hall
* Necking, Piles, Work, Crime Novels @ Bruar Falls
* Prayertown, Edom, Martin Bisi, Queening @ Coco 66
* Yeasayer, Amazing Baby @ Pier 54/Hudson River Park
* Friendly Fires, The xx @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Mostly Other People Do the Killing, Afuche @ Zebulon
* CKY, Graveyard, ASG, Fall from Grace @ Gramercy Theatre
* Gliss, Purcane, Automatic Children, Lights On @ The Annex
* Children, Lullabye Arkestra, Violent Bullshit @ Glasslands
* Blondie, Pat Benatar, The Donnas @ Asser Levy/Seaside Park
* Bottle Up & Go, Royal Bangs, Calypso, Slim Twig @ Death By Audio
* Mike Bones, Amen Dunes, Virgin Forest, Up Died Sound @ The Cameo
* Canyons, Justin Miller & Jacques Renault @ Rocks Off Concert Cruises
* Nighthorse, Barracks, Engine Room, Tee Pee Recs special guest @ Pianos
* Holy Hail, Pacific Theater, Aerial East, Bird Love @ The Ghost Factory
* Beach Fossils, Blind Man's Colour, Small Black, The Tony Castles @ Cake Shop
* Out of Doors Fest w/ Snehasish Mozumder & Som, Jake Shimabukuro, The Derek Trucks Band @ Damrosch Park
Free outdoor music tonight includes Blondie, Pat Benatar and The Donnas at Asser Levy/Seaside Park in Coney Island, a Lincoln Center Out of Doors Fest show with Snehasish Mozumder & Som, Jake Shimabukuro and The Derek Trucks Band at Damrosch Park, and Yeasayer and Amazing Baby at Pier 54/Hudson River Park.
Rakim, DJ Souljah and U-God play Highline Ballroom, while De La Soul's Three Feet High And Rising anniversary tour comes to Nokia Theatre with a 10-piece band and Buckshot. A video of "Me Myself and I" on Arsenio Hall is below.
Nighthorse plays with a Tee Pee Records special guest headliner at Pianos tonight.
Brits Friendly Fires and The xx play Music Hall of Williamsburg. Last night the show was at Le Poisson Rouge.
Ida Maria visits Maxwell's with Franz Nicolay (who plays Union Pool tomorrow). She'll be back in the NYC-area on September 16th with the Perez Hilton tour, which today added Semi Precious Weapons to the bill.
San Diego's Lights On have a series of NYC shows this weekend. One is a Saturday Union Hall show with Beach Fossils and Blind Man's Colour (who play tonight at Cake Shop). Catch Lights On tonight at The Annex with Gliss, Purcane and Automatic Children.
Two nights of Animal Collective in Prospect Park begin tomorrow.
Jazz combo Mostly Other People Do the Killing play at Zebulon tonight.
Ben Perowsky Quartet plays a CD release show at Barbes for his new disc, Esopus Opus, out on Skirl Records. That CD deals in largely-accordion-driven jazz. Tonight, Perowsky (drums) will be joined by "Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, The Melvins, Electric Masada) and Matt Mitchell on piano (member of Tim Berne's new sextet), and saxophonist/clarinetist Chris Speed."
"Next to nothing is known at the moment about "These Are My Twisted Words," the purported new Radiohead song that mysteriously appeared online last night. Unlike "Harry Patch (In Memory Of)," which Radiohead surprise-released almost exactly one week prior (hmmm), this one seems to have materialized on various illicit music hubs without any official announcement or acknowledgment from the band." [EW]
Radiohead's new mystery song "These Are My Twisted Words" is posted below, as is a clip of Bonnie "Prince" Billy on Tim & Eric's Music Express segment.
De La Soul - Me, Myself, and I (live Arsenio Hall show 1989)
Radiohead - These Are My Twisted Words
Bonnie "Prince" Billy "Music Express Commercial #1"