What’s going on Sunday?
Flaming Lips @ Sassquatch Festival 2008 (more by Chris Graham)
tonight in NYC
* The Feelies @ Southpaw
* Allen Toussaint @ Joe's Pub
* Brent Arnold, Haale @ Zebulon
* Richard Hell (reading) @ New Museum
* Moving Sounds Fest @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* All Tomorrow's Parties @ Kutshers Country Club
* Rasputina, The Shondes @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Dirty Three, Pillars and Tongues @ Bowery Ballroom
* Naked Raygun, Paint It Black, Shot Baker @ Maxwell's
* Harlem Gospel Choir sings Michael Jackson @ BB King's
* Sian Alice Group, Bear in Heaven, Hospitality @ Union Hall
* Mucca Pazza, Sxip Shirey, Stagger Back Brass Band @ Mercury Lounge
* Jedi Mind Tricks, R.A. the Rugged Man, Reef the Lost Cauzer @ Highline Ballroom
* Desolation Wilderness, The Intelligence, City Center, German Measles @ Cake Shop
All Tomorrow's Parties closes out strong at Kutshers Country Club. Today's Flaming Lips-curated lineup includes The Flaming Lips, Boredoms, No Age (as Husker Du), Caribou Vibration Ensemble, Deerhoof, Crystal Castles, Super Furry Animals, Boris, The Low Lows and Oneida doing The Ocropolis all day. Catch some of it on WFMU too.
Back from ATP, The Feelies play two sets at Southpaw. An unofficial video for "Loveless Love" below.
Dirty Three played Ocean Songs in full at ATP on Friday. Tonight they perform at Bowery Ballroom with Pillars and Tongues (and hopefully Nick Cave). Their video for the song "Great Waves" (featuring Chan Marshall) is below.
Moving Sounds Festival continues with music from TimeTable Percussion and others at (Le) Poisson Rouge.
Naked Raygun, Paint It Black and Shot Baker play Maxwell's.
The Howl Festival presents a reading with Richard Hell at New Museum.
On the occasion of the release of newly elaborated editions of his 1973 novelina, The Voidoid (now with drawings by Kier Cooke Sandvik), published in June, and his 1983 Voidoids album (with new guitar parts added by Marc Ribot, Bill Frisell, and Ivan Julian), which is re-released September 1 as Destiny Street Repaired, Richard Hell will make a rare [?] public appearance reading from his self-bio in progress, among other works, and will sing at least one song with guitar accompaniment. Possibly other media will get play, too.
Jedi Mind Tricks play Highline Ballroom with R.A. the Rugged Man and Reef the Lost Cauzer.
Desolation Wilderness and The Intelligence gig with City Center (on tour) and German Measles at Cake Shop.
Wayne Coyne gives a rundown of bands playing ATP NY, below...